Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: LCD monitor doesn't adjust very well to games.

I have a couple of Microtek 18in 815c LCD monitors and both of them have trouble ajusting programs to be centered on the screen upon starting. You have to hit the Auto button that automatically adjusts image clock, Phase, H-position, V-Position settings far too often after you start many programs such as video games. Is there some setting that can make this happen better automatically instead of always pushing that darned button? Most other LCD monitors I've seen auto adjust much better than this but other than that I love these monitors.

I'm using win XP Pro for an OS.

Product link below...
    http://www.support.microtek.com/prod...d_id=19&ctgy=4

what resolution are you using - most LCD's only work well in one resolution - what ever its designed for, eg most 15" lcd's prefer 1024*768

Quote Originally Posted by Kheldar
    what resolution are you using - most LCD's only work well in one resolution - what ever its designed for, eg most 15" lcd's prefer 1024*768
    Thanks for the reply.
    Thats what I'm using 1024by768. I have the both Win XP and the video games set to that same resolution.

Have a look at the manual that came with it and see what the native resolution (best at) of those LCD's is (unlike CRT's, LCD's have a resolution sweet spot designed into them) but I've so far found LCD's poor for gamin' due to their low native refresh rates.

if its an 18inch LCD the native resolution is 1280x1024.

if anyone finds a 17" or larger LCD with a native resolution of 1024x768 please let me know as i would really like one and they don't exists [i've looked extensively]

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDD
    if its an 18inch LCD the native resolution is 1280x1024.
    Should I set everything to that setting or just Windows?

Quote Originally Posted by Spongebob
    Should I set everything to that setting or just Windows?
    i would set both windows and your games to run at that resolution unless your video card can't handle the game at 1280x1024..

Thread Information