Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Lexmark printer help

I am trying to get a Lexmark Z22 printer working for my Grandmas pc. It keeps saying "cannot communicate with printer". I have searched google and read many forum posts, and everybody says the usual, drivers, check the cables etc. I have tried three different drivers, the one that came with the printer, the one loaded with xp, and a newer one from Lex. Nothing works. I brought the printer home and hooked up to my pc and it works fine. Anybody have any thoughts whats causing this? BTW, were both using XP Pro.

could be a bad cable or bad port (assuming it's usb). try a different port, then cable and see if that does it
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Are ya usin' the parallel port hookup or the USB one? :?:

it seems to have both parallel and usb1 (here)

so now my question is, which one are you using? if one doesn't work, have you tried the other?

Parallel on LPT 1.

then I'd suggest you try a new cable or switch to the usb and see if that works.

It works fine on my computer, already tried different cables. Im stumped. Its a piece of crap anyway, the cartridges are waaay overpriced and dont last long at all. Ill try to convince her to get as Epson or anything better than Lexmark.

if she's had her pc for a while you may want to make sure the ports are free of dust

Default Re: Lexmark printer help

I am a new member trying to post a new message re my Lexmark Z35 printer problems. I do not know - how do I post a new message in this forum as I do not see a link to click on to post a new message.. Please direct me on how to post my question in this forum. Thanks.

Default Re: Lexmark printer help

Just click here.

Thread Information