Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Too many wires on my PSU... What can I do?

I put my new PSU in the case and have hooked everything up, but I still have a bunch of power connectors left unused.

Is there anything I could do to get them out of the way or remove them safely, so they will not mess with the air flow?

Getting them out of the way can often be accomplished by tucking them into an unused drive bay (keep them there with a wire tie). Depending on your layout, you might also be able to tuck them behind the psu and secure them. Yes, you can remove them, but it means opening your psu (to do it properly and safely) and voiding the warranty on the psu.

Agreed.

Another thing to consider is if you add some more drives or a video card that needs a power hook up? If you've removed them, then you need to either go back inside the unit and hook the wires you had removed back up (if you saved them) or buy a splitter so you can have an extra lead. You're wasting time, money, or both here.

Thread Information