Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MX 1000 - How is the latency?

Default Re: MX 1000 - How is the latency?

I don't have that problem with mine. It does skip if the base falls down into my mess of cords where there are lots of things to interfere with the signal. Where it is right now, though, it has no problems with skipping on fast flicks. I love this thing. My only problem was getting used to a mouse so big and heavy, but now that I'm used to it, it's great.

That said, if I were looking for a new mouse, I'd probably go for a Razor or an MX518. The laser technology, although technically superior to optical, is too imature to beat those high-end wired gaming mice. If I were playing more CSS instead of BF2 I'd probably consider using the MX1000 as a mouse for a different machine and a Razor or something for the gaming machine.

At the very least, I'm impressed with the reliability and performance of the MX1000's Fast RF wireless. It's every bit as fast as corded and isn't easily interfered with. In fact, I have a different (an optical) Logitech mouse that uses Fast RF in the same room, and they don't interfere with each other at all.

I use the Mx510, the father of the Mx518, and it performs wonderfully. The 1000 also performs great too. I use it on my other machine for mainly editing purposes and such. What really helps out is a good mouse pad. I use a very hard, carbon mouse pad so the optical sensor and the laser don't jerk around at all. With most opticals/lasers you have to have a good mousepad or a good finished desk top. Other than that, there are no problems with the 1000, and for high fps gaming, such as BF2, you are still better off using a good wired mouse.

IMO it's fine for BF2. It's not really a "high-FPS" game in comparison with Counter-Strike. Your aiming skills, weapon, and games skills in general come more into play. In CS, 90% of what determines the outocme of a firefight is your ability to aim precisely and quickly, which is why I'd say a wired, high-sensitivity optical mouse will still be better than a laser mouse for some time. That said, I'd easily take my MX1000 over your average wired mouse. The wireless technology is a good as wired as far as I'm concerned, and I've found the MX1000 to be in no way inferior to my previous Microsoft wired optical mouse, which was pretty damn good on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsGT2
    The thing that is keeping me from buying an MX1000 (I have a MX500) are the reports I have heard of when the mouse is picked up, it takes about a half a second to start tracking again when it is put back down. I consider myself a fast mouser, and I often find myself picking up the mouse during normal operation.

These reports, however, are not by any means formal, so I ask anyone who is right this instant using a MX1000, to please pick it up and place it down and move to see if there is any lag time.
    Hey Devil, how is the MX500? I've been looking for something to replace my Microsoft Wireless Optical (Comfort Edition or 3.0). It's great for daily use but, when you hold a key down for about 15 seconds, it stops repeating (Which is bad for a driving game person, as myself).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information