Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Video error...Directx DirectDraw?

Exclamation Video error...Directx DirectDraw?

So I've never had any problems watching any type of video on my PC. Latly though I've been getting very bright, ugly quality when watching any type of media (TV Card, DIVX, Mpeg, you name it). I have a geforce fx5200 ultra, and and old happauge TV card. (and an intel 2.0ghz cpu 768MB RAm and a seagate barracuda 160GB SATA if that matters) I troubleshooted and turned down Video acceleration to the point that it disabled DirectX and DirectDraw acceleration, after this my videos all look normal. My DirectX is 9.0c and my nvidia drivers are the newest out there. (I should mention that I had one experience pre trouble shooting where i was watching a video then it went normal when it went to the next video. When I started the video over again however the quality went back to suck.) I was wandering if anyone had any suggestions to what the problem is. Is it hardware or what?? I even reformatted my HDD and it still doesn't work!! Help... YOu guys always do!!

Default Re: Video error...Directx DirectDraw?

I see that there have been 50 views and no replies. So I thought taht maybe more info would help. When I ture all video accelerations back on I still can't play any games. They all that that they require hardware that supports a directx version of 7 or higher. but I updated my directx after i reformatted. Can someone at least tell me were i can view my installed version of directx? thanks again!

To check DirectX version go : Start --->All Programs--->Accessories--->System Tools--->System Information---> then click on "Tools" at the top of the window and go to "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" ... the info you want is on the "System" tab but while you are there run the diagnostics on the other tabs and see what happens.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

well i tried all of the tests and stilll came up with no problems, but all my games don't work and my videos still suck, i'm open to other suggestions (ill see what happens when my nwe video card arrives)

I got my new 6600gt and everything works a ok. so ill just junk the old 5200u

I just bought the 6600GT from XFX twin DVI... it doesn't matter which dvi input you use. i did make a very very stupid mistake of forgetting to connect up this video card's 4 pin psu molex connector for power. As this is my first video card since the geforce 4600ti series.

Let us know what you think of this card, cheers
    Lian LI PC60
    (2 intake 80mm ADDA/3
    exhaust 80mm ADDA)
    EG465P-VE Enermax Dual fan PSU 465watt
    Asus A7N8X Dx ver2.0 C1007 latest bios
    AthlonXp 3200+ Barton
    Xms Corsair 3700PT TwinX paired 2x512@200mhz
    200mhz X 11.0 = 2.205GIG
    creative audigy 2
    Asus V8460 U Ti 4600 Dx
    CPU full load 28C