Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: drives dont wORK!

Default drives dont wORK!

UHm...i put in a new cd burner drive ...power my comp back up...and now it wont read BOth the new cd burner drive and my old dvd drive.......they both have power so thats not the problem....im lOST (the comp says: new hardware found, but then immediatly says there was a problem with the installation and my new hardware may not be working properly)

Default Re: drives dont wORK!

You might double check jumper settings on both devices to make sure they are set properly; one to master and one to slave. Since you have a CD burner as one of the devices, make this the master and the DVD player the slave. If Windows doesn't automatically fix things up after this, you may have to remove both drives from the Device Manager then reboot.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Also remember to place the master at the end of the IDE cable and place the slave in the middle of it.

uhm KK well...i switched the drives in the order you guys told me...(i had a generic burner before and it was setup as the slave so i just thought the new one would go there as well) ANYWay...its still not working...

Go into system and un-install the IDE drivers. Then restart windows. It should find them from scratch when it boots back up. It's a fool-proof technique since you don't really delete anything. Anyways, try that out. Also try getting the latest drivers for you motherboard/chipset.

UHM...like YEAAA...i uninstalled the *******s....but i still get the NEW HARDWARE found prompt..and then i go through the whole WONT WORK CUASE ITS A PUNK thing

Thread Information