Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lcd Monitors....

Question Lcd Monitors....

newbie 2 LCD monitors & was thinking of buying an LCD monitor in the near future.......just wanted 2 know what r the most important things I should look 4 when purchasing an LCD monitor......& which brands r the best......the size of the monitor that I want 2 upgrade 2 is from a 17" flatscreen 2 a 19" LCD......I also heard LCD monitors aren't really good 4 gaming......& I always play games....so is it true???.....reason 4 buying is that it'll be easier 4 me 2 carry 2 my buddies place 4 LAN PARTIES....lol.....any help would be appreciated....thanks!!!

Default Re: Lcd Monitors....

LCDs aren't as good for gaming as CRTs, but they can be close if you're willing to spend enough money. What's your budget?

probably about $600......$800 depending if its worth it.....sorry about not posting price range.....

US Dollars? If so then you'll have a lot of choices. I picked up a 19" Princeton brand LCD for about $300 a while back and it works fine for gaming. For a bit more you can get yourself a Samsung 19" LCD monitor that will rock. With the card you listed in the other threads, it will have digital output capabilities. Make sure you get a LCD monitor that supports DVI output and use it. It really makes a difference, but you'll likely have to purchase a digital cable separately since most monitor manufacturers don't include this. And if you're US based, check out www.newegg.com for a reputable online store with great prices and won't rape you on shipping costs.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

lol....sorry bro.....all the way up from canada man....but if u know any sites that sell those monitors in canada plz do reply back......& thanks again 4 ur suggestions!

Real quick, why is using DVI so much better? I'm not able to get a higher resolution or a faster refresh rate. It also looks the same as my analog connection.

seen316 - The conversion rate isn't that bad between our dollars. While Newegg won't ship to Canada, there should still be some solid stores you can hit up. Your price range should still give you a lot of choices, so the things I mentioned above still apply.

eat@joes - If you can't tell the difference, then you either have a poor LCD or you need to have the eyes checked out. The DVI output gives a cleaner display, especially in desktop (2D) applications. Even games will look cleaner and have a crisper image. It also keeps ghosting to a level where it is unlikely to even be seen.
    My Toys

sweet!....thanks 4 the tip man....also....I hear having a 25ms response time is really bad....& that 8ms is best but 12ms will do.....is this true???....btw....what do u mean by "ghosting" on an LCD monitor screen???.....thanks again!
    Last edited by seen316; 09-11-2005 at 12:59 PM.

You've heard right on the numbers. 25ms is a standard that is pretty much gone nowadays and they've been coming out lately with response times of 4ms, but I don't know if these are digital displays or only analog.

Ghosting is something that occurs when the response time is too high and action scenes displayed on the LCD monitor have a trail. This used to be a serious problem but most manufacturers have ironed out the issues and gotten their products with a low enough response time to keep this from happening.
    My Toys

Hmm, you're right. I just didn't notice until i switched back to analog to see the difference. DVI is much brighter and crisper. The ghosting isn't a problem on either though. But thanks, you were right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information