Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Doh pc gone splat!!!! Help!!!

Thumbs up Re: Doh pc gone splat!!!! Help!!!

Hi currently - temps are around 40deg.........my pc will run at 2.8ghz however, sometimes it won't boot from cold. As soon as it warms a little its fine! I guess it's resistance or something.

The only other thing.....I currently use scsi160 and a 15k drive.....my complete XP file system goes back to my NF7s installation. It seems to work just fine.....a little slow on intialising. Do you think it would be worth doing a complete clean re-install.......I have a huge amount of sw ..... the prospect is a little daunting!!!
    I was wondering if my oc may go a little further.........

By the way I really am impressed by this Asus board......

Default Re: Doh pc gone splat!!!! Help!!!

The so-called "cold bug" is common on the Opterons. Quite a few steppings are known to have it.

You have an SCSI drive on the system? Unless I'm missing something here, it will be slowed down quite a bit by the "regular" PCI slot it must be in.

If you're just moving the drive from the old system to this one, you'll most likely have to reinstall or you'll have problems. It won't affect your OC, but it should be done anyway.

Default Re: Doh pc gone splat!!!! Help!!!

Hi re SCSI it doesn't seem to bad I tested it Sandra and it benchmarked really well against a pair of 7200 raptors in a raid set up. I think when I tesed it seemed to shift about 68meg sec.

correct me if I am wrong...but it appears to me the scsi disc does have fast spin/seek times........but it seems to shift chunks of data in smaller segments ...... making the drive work harder. I suppose I could reformat it and change parameters............

As for my windows it seems to work faltlessly...........everything is detected.....just a little slow on startup. I think the ini file must be rather huge!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information