Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Heads up on Cheap modular PSU in UK!!

Default Heads up on Cheap modular PSU in UK!!

Hi all.
    Just upgraded my PSU to an Ultra XConnect modular PSU 500W, and it looks and so far performs great.
    Looked in the catalogue that came with the PSU, and it's listed as 82 inc.
    If you go to the website, you can pick them up for 28 inc, which for a decent 500W PSU is pretty cheap!

http://www.misco.co.uk/categories/~7...20Supplies.htm

P.S. I'm not a sales rep or anything, just thought I'd pass it on.

Default Re: Heads up on Cheap modular PSU in UK!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeev
    Hi all.
    Just upgraded my PSU to an Ultra XConnect modular PSU 500W, and it looks and so far performs great.
    Looked in the catalogue that came with the PSU, and it's listed as 82 inc.
    If you go to the website, you can pick them up for inc, which for a decent 500W PSU is pretty cheap!

http://www.misco.co.uk/categories/~7...20Supplies.htm

P.S. I'm not a sales rep or anything, just thought I'd pass it on.
    I think you have your info mixed up as the 28 model seems to be the 400W model.

I would caution everyone about buying cheap PSUs - it is a mistake. If you want to save some money, buy less RAM or a cheaper video card for now and invest in good clean power to feed your digital circuits. Then, when budgets permit, increase your RAM, or card knowing that you have adequate and clean power to drive them, and still maintain rock solid, stable voltages.

Also, I always recommend using an UPS - noting that backup power in the event you have a power outage is only the icing on the cake - it is the voltage regulation during power sags, dropouts, and long term surges where the UPS really shines.

Thread Information