Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Cable & Adapter Help

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Atlantic, PA

    Talking Cable & Adapter Help

    I just put together a HP E-PC computer and wanted to hook it up to my flat panel TV . The computer has 2 USB ports, 1 Serial port, monitor, keyboard, mouse and printer ports. The TV has a port called 'D-SUB' and an S-Video port. I don't want to get a monitor if I don't have to. What kind of cable, or adapter should I get?

    Thank you,

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Minnesota, United States

    Default Re: Cable & Adapter Help

    "monitor" isn't a type of external connection for the computer. It either has a DVI or VGA port (or both). Your LCD TV has the old analog VGA (that's the D-SUB to which you referred), which is probably what the computer has. Should it have only DVI output, you will need a simple DVI-to VGA converter which can be purchased for anywhere from $4 to $10 at online retailers and local electronics stores. If you need a separate cable as well, that won't cost much more. The cable should be a 15-pin D-SUB male-to-male.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts