Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: I need help please

Default I need help please

A while back I downloaded a software to overclock my 2 Nvidia 7900GTX cards. I dont remember the name of this free download. Anyways, I only messed around with it for about 15 minutes. I then uninstalled it and left it as is. About a few days later, everytime I play a game (Oblivion and World of Warcraft). I start to get weird lines showing up in different places across my screen. Sometimes the colors bleed. Sometimes things get distorted. And in some situations...things on the screen will start to flash. This only happens when I play games. What do you guys think happened? Do you think I somehow scrwed up my cards with this overclock software I used? Like I said, I did only use it for a few minutes. But then I uninstalled it. I'm trying to figure out if this software screwed up my cards. Or perhaps it is somethign else. I have downloaded many drivers (old and new) to see if it woudl fix this problem. But it has not. I also formatted my computer and reinstalled everything. This did not help at all.

Default Re: I need help please

If everything is stock, i would reconmend checking your fan for dust and see if your video card is over heating.
    CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
    Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
    RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
    GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
    PSU: Thermaltake 500w
    SC: Audigy 2 zs
    LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
    Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
    Mouse: Logitech G5

Well, if you used ATITOOL, that program will allow you to set damaging clocks. Rivatunre and Coolbits won't do this.

The symptoms you describe should be 1 of 3 things. Overheating, undervolting and damaged memory. Try each card on their own first to see if the problem is with 1 card. Like Asianbatman says, clean the coolers on the video cards as well. Make syure you have good case airflow, and be sure your powersupply is up to it. As for damaged cards, you will definitely need to test each one separately to figure that out.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

My first question would be, have you reset your cards to stock timings?

It sounds like artifacting due to heat from excessive overclocking to me.

You say you played around with it but did you reset your core and memory clocks to their default speeds before uninstalling the software?

I would say not. Best to get Riva Tuner or similar and reset your clocks to default then see if the problem persists, if it does then you'll need to look at different areas such as airflow etc.

I bet once you reset to default clocks the problem will cease.

Thread Information