Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: Which mainboard would you buy for this system?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New PC ok?

Default New PC ok?

Hello,

i want to build a new computer and so i would like to know if it is ok so:

CPU: intel q6600 Quad-Core

GPU: ATI HD 2900 XT

Harddrive: Samsung 501LJ

DVD-Burner: Asus DRW-1814BLT

DVD-Drive: LG GDR-H20NRB

Internal memory: 4GB-DDR2-800 as 4 x 1GB in Dual Channel

Mainboard: ASUS P5W DH or Gigabyte P35-DQ6 or samething different (do not already know what I should buy)

processor cooler: Xigmatek HDT-S1283 or another one which is not loud and which is certifited to cool a quad-core processor

Case: Thermaltake Soprano DX

Harddrive Cooler: REVOLTEC Hard Drive Freezer or another one (maybe 5,25")

An for the energy an NONAME power adaptor

Please write if you do not agree with something!!!

Thank you very much!!!

And now the same in German:

Und jetzt auf deutsch:

Hallo,

möchte mir einen Computer zusammenbauen und möchte wissen, was ihr davon haltet:

Hierzu das voraussichtliche System:

Prozessor: Intel Q6600
    Grafikkarte: ATi Radeon HD 2900XT
    Arbeitsspeicher: 4GB-DDR2-800 als 4 x 1GB im Dual Channel
    Mainboard: ASUS P5W DH oder Gigabyte P35-DQ6 oder ein anderes (vll ABIT ab9 quad GT)
    Prozessor-Kühler: Xigmatek HDT-S1283
    Gehäuse: Soprano oder Soprano DX mit 2 x 120mm und 1 x 90mm Lüfter
    Festplatte: Samsung SpinPoint T166 HD501LJ 500 GB
    DVD-Brenner: Asus DRW-1814BLT
    DVD-Laufwerk: LG GDR-H20NRB
    Festplattenkühler: REVOLTEC Hard Drive Freezer
    Netzteil NoName ca. 550 Watt
    THX

Wenn ihr was anders machen würdet bitte schreiben

Please answer in English or in German!!!

Bitte auf deutsch oder Englisch antworten!!!

Please vote for one of the mainboards!!!

Bitte stimme für eines der Mainboards!!!

THX

Default Re: New PC ok?

1/. I think you'll be better off with 2x 2GB sticks of ram, some boards are having issues with all slots filled. (680i's iirc)

2/. I voted P5K because I have one and have had no trouble with it. Keep away from the older 680i chipset if you can and go for the newer P35 chipset.

3/. Two optical drives is a bit of a waste, just get a DVD-RW, they're cheap enough.

4/. CPU cooler, Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme, Tuniq Tower 120 or a Zalman 9700NT in that order for effectiveness

5/. PSU, the heart of the system deserves something better than "NONAME power adaptor" I don't know which one comes with the case (I bought my Soprano without a psu) but something along the lines of a Thermaltake Toughpower 850W would be more than enough (I say the 850W because it is modular, no cabling you don't need)
    E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

For starters I'd stay away from those Gigabyte mainboards (I picked the P5K as well) as they seem to be having a few probs (see Gigabyte forum) and, as you didn't mention what os you'll be using, I hope that you'll be using a 64bit operating system as a 32bit one can't use 4GB of memory.

Also stay away from noname psu's.

well i don´t think Two optical drives is a bit of a waste. For example if you would like to burn a CD or DVD you´ld get problems i think.

And the CPU cooler i think the one works very well. It works with a better heat-pipe system than the most others I think. They are 8mm-ones.

Thank you for telling your opinion!!

And the case comes without a power adaptor.

Quote Originally Posted by badday View Post
    well i don´t think Two optical drives is a bit of a waste. For example if you would like to burn a CD or DVD you´ld get problems i think.

And the CPU cooler i think the one works very well. It works with a better heat-pipe system than the most others I think. They are 8mm-ones.

Thank you for telling your opinion!!
    I burn with one DVD-RW all the time, what are these "problems" you perceive?

CPU coolers are a personal choice, if you're set on that one then go for it, I was just pointing out that the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme, Tuniq Tower 120 or a Zalman 9700NT are probably currently the best aircoolers on the market at present.

Quote Originally Posted by badday View Post
    And the case comes without a power adaptor.
    That's a bonus as you can get one that is suited to your setup.
    E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

7. Default Re: New PC ok?

Wow...can you say 'copyright violations.' That Xigmatek HDT-S1283 has so many similarities to the Thermalright U-120.

The one thing I really don't like is the base. There seems to be a gap between the copper heatpipes and the rest of the base. Also, the quantity of heatpipes is more important than the size.

@PorscheGuy997@yahoo.com

I don´t agree with you for this term. There are some tests on the web where is written that the Thermalright mostly has the better temperature, but if you look at the volume the Xigmatek is better an the temperature is ok, too. So I think you really can choose what´s more important for you.

@ANZAC_ELITE

i think two ones are better because you can burn a CD or DVD directly. If you have a CD or DVD in one drive and a writable one in the other you can burn it directly.

(Maybe I have understooden something wrong, because my English isn´t very good. Please explane it in easlier English if you think I understood it wrong Thank You!!)

You're correct, I see what you mean, you copy "on the fly" using two optical drives, that's fine if you want to do it that way.

voted the p5k.
    know of plenty of people that own them and never hear of any problems, as wayout44 said, stear clear of the gigabyte mainboards.

for a cpu cooler i wouldn't go with either one of those. i personaly dislike the large size of the heatsink(sticks out too much), theres much smaller heatpipe coolers that do a more efficient job. i personaly run a Thermaltake MaxOrb. extremely well lapped from the factory, quite(47db or so on low and only 55db on high), and very very cool (~31c idle and only ~41c load!)

two optical drives are better than one, ONLY for duping cs's/dvd's
    **LAPTOP**
    Core 2 Duo "Memron" T7500 (2.2ghz)
    Intel Crestline GL960/GM965/PM965
    4096mb DDR2-667 5-5-5-12
    NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M (512 MB)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information