Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Totally New PC

Arrow Totally New PC

Hello again,

I've already opened a thread about my new system, but now I've changed a lot so that I think it's better to start a new one.

Well here are the components:

CPU: Intel "Penryn" Q9450 (not for soled until now, but will appear in Jan 08)

GPU: New 8800GTS from Nvidia (not soled now,too/ will appear in Dez 07/ Jan 08) based on G92

Mainboard: Gigabyte 780i-DS5 (there are already some pictures in the internet/ maybe in Dez07/Jan 08)

CPU-Cooler: Scythe Mugen

Power adaptor: Coba Nitrox 500W (has something called modulares Kabelmanagement in German found no translation sorry)

Storage: Samsung T166 HD501LJ (500GB

Working Storage: 4GB DDR2-Ram 800MHZ OCZ Reaper CL4

Fan Mate: I don't know which one. I want someone which has the size of one 5,25"

Case: Thermaltake SopranoDX with Window-Kit in black or NZXT Lexa Blue

I hope I forgot nothing

Thank you !!!

Default Re: Totally New PC

Personally I'd stay away from Gigabyte mainboards and if you plan on overclocking to any decent degree then you'd better plan on water cooling plus you'd better go at least another 100W on the PSU.

i agree with wayout i think 500w is a bit low
    (modulare kabel management i think ul find means module cable management
    which means u plug em in too the power supply

hav alook at this board

http://microdirect.co.uk/(25815)Foxc...Intel-X38.aspx

3x x16 pci express slots just in case u wanna go xtreme
    future proofing cos u got ddr 3 support as well as ddr2
    and the newest chipset on the market means the mobo should last u like 5 years
    not sure if this board is good for overclockin tho

as 4 a new 8800gts the new 1s r gonna b called 9800gts personally id go for 2 8800gt as 2 x gt willl probably cost the same as 1 9800 gts at least and they will out perform it anyway if u got enough cash to hell withit get 3 cards as this board takes 3

cum in to my post im buildin pc myself could do with sum help myself

as 4 q9450 u rich dude cos thats just too much cost get go step q6600 save urself 500 quid people gettin em to run stable at 3.5 on air

Well because if gigabyte: Itīs mostly ahead of the others or as good as asus so i donīt see any reason why i should stay away of it
    And the X38 chipset doesnīt work if you want to use 2 graphiccards from invidia: You need SLI not Crossfire: Think about that.
    Than the CPU itīs ahead of the Q6600 about 10% to 60% and the cooling is ok,too i think. The new CPUs donīt get very warm. There are some tests of the QX9650 avaible which show that you can easily overclock to 4Ghz without speciall cooling; anyway i donīt want to overclock first time.

check this out for the right power supply

http://support.asus.com/PowerSupplyC...Language=en-us

6. Default Re: Totally New PC

If I were given the choice of waiting for the 45nm processors to come out or buy a current Q6600 (or similar), I would probably wait. The new processors run cooler and clock higher.

The 8800GT is definately better than the GTS, but I'd like to see how the 9800's perform.

My dual fan Thermalright U-120 Extreme does a fine job of cooling down my E6600. Scythe coolers do perform well and come with the fan.

As of now, the P35 boards are very stable and support the 45nm processors.

95W heat dissapation quickly scales to 130W+, plus I'm a PC technician and I'm totally sick of seeing these mainboards in my shop due to unstable voltages causing boot loops and BSOD's (not only checkout the probs in this forum's Gigabyte area but also checkout other forums around the world as the story is still the same).

If you have a look at the tests of e g expreview; computerbase: hardwareluxx and so on gigabyte is mostly at the top; so i donīt believe that theyīre so bad.
    And because of the 9800: Iīm sorry but i didnīt hear about that GPU: There was an ATI 9800 in 2003; do you mean the 8800GTS with G92? I think itīs called 8800GTS isnīt it?
    If iīm wrong iīm sorry :-)

I tried that link: http://support.asus.com/PowerSupplyC...Language=en-us; it says with the Q6600 min 700Watt That canīt be right, can it? if i donīt say there are 8 USB-Ports it are 50Watt less. Can that be?

Iīve just tried my old system: 350Watt ; I use a 300 Watt power supply: That canīt be right!!!
    Last edited by badday; 11-27-2007 at 11:38 PM.

10. Default Re: Totally New PC

Oops... Ati made the 9800 and I swapped the numbers around. Nvidia will be unleashing the 8900. The 8800GT is better than the 8800GTS as of now.

If you are waiting for some of the new stuff to come out, there will be plenty of changes to the hardware standard. Plus, the prices will be a lot higher when they first come out.

Your psu will need quite a bit of power to power the 8900 and quad core. Don't go too light, but you really don't need one of those 1300w models. ~ 650w from a good company and you should be ok.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information