Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: computer keep restarting and nothing appear my screen

Default computer keep restarting and nothing appear my screen

here my rig
    ASUS M2N-E SLI MOTHER BOARD nForce500
    eXtremepowerduo supply 650watt
    2X1gbram corsair 800MHZDDR2
    amdX2 dual core 5600+ 2.81ghz
    8800gts320mb EVGA

Here is my problem.
    I was looking around my set up and i try to over clock PCIE to 145mhz. after i done that my computer saved and restart and after it keep restarting and no screen anymore. i got 2 computer so i go to my second computer and formated my hardrive and wanna try it still do the same thing the school wont show up but the computer dont keep restarting. my video card is still running dunno why it wont show please help me

Default Re: computer keep restarting and nothing appear my screen

Formatting the hard drive won't help... you need to reset the system CMOS. Should be a jumper for it, or you can just look at the manual.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

what jumper mean?

It is a plastic piece with metal on the inside that creates a connection between two pins on your motherboard. There are usually several of them on every board so you will need to read through the manual to know which one it is.

If you are not familiar with computer hardware, I would recommend having someone with you who is when you do things like this. That way you can learn about the components and how they work and also have someone handy if you are getting ready to make a mistake.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Darthtanion is correct, read your manual for the cmos jumper location or alternatively remove the cmos battery for five minutes.

For future reference PCI-e voltage maximum is around 115MHz, any higher results in the problem you have encountered.

What were you trying to achieve by setting the voltage that high??
    E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Thread Information