Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: New Build Help please...

Default New Build Help please...

Hi guyz, I just joined here to try and get some help with a new build. I dont really play hard line games or anything but just want a build that will last me a couple years. Ok here goes:
    I have about 900 (will spend more if needed) to spend on an Intel CPU, motherboard, memory and graphics card, SATA Writer and reader. I already have the other bits.
    I have been looking about and trying to get reviews on items before I buy em but different sites always seem to recommend different Boards etc.
    1) I am thinking of buying this CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 2.66GHz (OEM 775) 1333MHz FSB, 12MB Cache, new Yorkfield core - OK??
    2) 2Gb/4Gb OCZ memory is supposed to be really good - can anyone recommend some really good DDR3 OCZ please that is compatible/tested with the below motherboard and will run at least 1333mhz
    3) This is the board I am thinking of buying - Asus P5E3 Premium/Wifi@N Intel X48 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard (also heard that Gigabyte do a superb board??)
    4) Has to be a nvidia graphics card. GeForce 9?
    Thanks guyz.... any help would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has comments reviews on anything I have listed feel free to post replies :) I just wanna make sure I get the best parts as in the past I seem to have bottlenecked speed getting a crappy board etc.
    Thx again :)

Default Re: New Build Help please...

hi and may i welcome you to tweaktown!!

900 you say let me get you started
    first of all you're from uk just like me then?? Im in wales

100 cpu e8400 3ghz(quad cores not worth it in games!!)
    125 corsair xms3 ddr3 1600mhz from fleabay 2x2gb
    20 for a duel layer dvd drive everywhere now
    100 ASUS P5N-T DELUXE 780i MOTHERBOARD
    80 Corsair TX 750W Modular Power Supply SLI PSU
    60 thermaltake soprano pc case
    150 nvidia gtx260 sum1 just had on fleabay!

total
    -------
    565 not bad you could add another gtx260

new total
    --------
    715 including extra gtx260
    765 upgrade to having the quad instead
    INTEL Q9450 CORE 2 QUAD 2.66GHz/12M/1333MHz
    extra 50 compared to e8400
    30 for a good heatsink and fan U120 my choice!!

new total
    --------

125 for an extra 4gb ram

--------

for the extra 20 your pc would be a monster

I WANT IT!!!! I WANT IT!!!! I WANT IT!!!!!!!

Default Re: New Build Help please...

welcome to TweakTown buddy!

i just wanna recommend a couple things, no products in particular... if you get DDR3 memory, you want DIMMs that will operate at 1600MHz or above (this is where DDR3 shows its strength) and you'll want a quad core cpu... i've got one question tho... why does it have to be NV? ATI cards are equally as good these days, if not better, and offer better value... the 4800 series offers unbelievable value and performance (especially the 4850), and will perform equal to or better than any single GPU of the 9 series and, owing to the architecture, will handle AA better than any NV card... and the 4870 will beat the gtx 260 in just about any situation, hence the new Core 216 model, which the 4870 will still run parallel to... but if your really keen on NV, either the GTX 260 Core 216 or the 9800GX2 are great options and will offer pretty sweet performance and value.

but what samtomjohn has suggested up there is actually sounding like a pretty sweet setup
    NZXT Lexa BlackLine Case with Red LEDs
    Corsair TX-750 Modular PSU
    Gigabyte EP45-DS3P (BIOS F7)
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 3.73GHz (downclocked for the summer )
    OCZ Vendetta 2 CPU Heatsink
    2x 2GB Kingston HyperX RAM PC2-6400 @ 996MHz (4-5-5-15)
    3x Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB HDD in RAID5
    2x HIS Radeon HD 4850 @ 745/1090 in CrossFireX
    2x ThermalTake DuOrb GPU Heatsink
    D-Link Super G PCI WLAN Adapter
    Asus Lightscribe 20x SATA II DVD-DL Burner
    Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro
    2x 22" LG W2252TQ-PF Widescreen LCD Monitor (YAY!! Finally got the second one!!)

Thread Information