Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whistling/Buzzing noise

Default Re: Whistling/Buzzing noise

Im using the same version but I do not have the options in either of those programs for fan speed control

the other link was 0.26 I downloaded 0.27 and it doesnt have it either???

I'm really confused

Hi Can you please provide the links for those exact same versions of those programs you have because the 3 I have downloaded do not have that option, cheers

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Here is both of what I am using. I am not sure, but you may either not have the option with both cards connected, or those cards suck and you do not have the options at all (Which some cards do not allow this)

SFX file here (Double click, push install, it will extract to a separate folder wherever you have the file, such as your desktop) >>>>
    Fan Control Apps.exe

ok cheers, I have let the pc rest for a few hours and just switched it on. It seemed to buzz/whistle harder when I ran graphics programs like games ect.

As soon as it starts buzzing again I will play with the fan and report back here.

Also, I have found that when I plug my Dvi Cable to the bottom card it won't work :/

Ya, you likely can only plug into one card, the top one since all data will be sent thru it

Yes, SLI requires you to use the top card only. SLI can only output video through 1 of the 4 connectors.

Sure sounds like you have a bad card. I'd pull one out and see if you can figure out which one is going bad.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

hey, there is so many wires in there. I have taken pc's apart and put them back together but I'm thinking I might break something... anything I need to know?

Take several pictures if you think you might forget what goes where. Make sure it is unplugged, and there is no cats in the room. And ground yourself out before you get in there Meaning grab something you KNOW will static shock you if you were charged up. Like the doorknob, sink ect. That way you are sure there is no static built up in you

I bought changed over from a older power cable (psu) and plugged in a new one, it seems to have stopped or atleast quietened down the noise o_o

will report back later

Hmm well that to me sounds like you may just need a new PSU. Can you install only one GFX card and run a old crappy PSU for a minute that you know works to see if there is no noise from it? That would let you know pretty easy if it is your PSU you are using now going bad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information