Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Looking for a cheap gaming notebook

Default Looking for a cheap gaming notebook

Hi all, i'm looking for a notebook (about 1000 that are 1400$ or 700) and the main use of this pc will be gaming (second life and daoc are the games i most play), watching films, programming etc.. nothing special except playing those games. I know notebook's vga are not so good, but is there anybody who has a notebook with a 9600m gt and tried to run second life? i don't know if it can be ran with that vga, btw which notebook could i buy with that price?

Default Re: Looking for a cheap gaming notebook

any ideas?

Newegg.com - MSI GT627-216US NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo P8400(2.26GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA 4GB Memory 320GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GS - Laptops / Notebooks

I am guessing you live in the UK or aus. I dont know what kind of shops you got there and i know stuff cost more for you guys. But this one is $1,100 dollars. It has a 9800m in it i am sure that can run half-life just fine.
    955 c3 4.0ghz | Darknight CPU cooler | 790fx mobo | 4ghz Ripjaws 1600 | 5850 1ghz 1300ram | 550watt PSU | Windows 7 64bit |

I live in Italy, and i like this notebook you said, but tell me one thing, is it better than this one?
    VAIO : VGN-SR41M/W : United Kingdom

The one on Newegg has a faster processor and the video graphics has more dedicated memory. It's priced at about $1,099 on Newegg. It comes with a 3 year warranty.

The VAIO is priced at about 1,099.99 and has a 12 month warranty.

If the main purpose was gaming, and I could spend $1099, I would go with the MSI from Newegg.

Thread Information