Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: USB problems

Default USB problems

When ever I pulg an information gathering device (phone as modem, card reader... exe.) into the usb port the computer freezes, it still ouputs power, my phone will still charge and my cooling pad still runs but the comp is stuck. I was going through my hardware and found my SM Bus Controler did not have drivers, and i dont know what this is to install them. my computer had been working fine for a wile and then one day it stopped. I have a compaq Presario with XP sp3 amd turion, and 512ram. anyone have any idea and.

Smile Re: USB problems

Hi, I've played around with a few compaq's in my day and some of them had MSI motherboards in them. Depending on the age of your system it may be a power supply issue. Compaq had a bad habbit of putting cheap low watt PSU's in there systems that would handle the basic system and thats about it so I'd start there. As for your driver issue you should have a setup CD that came with the computer sometimes called a rescue disc, or a small partition on the HDD that should have the drivers for your system. If you can't find them on either one you can goto compaq's website and do a live chat with a tech even if its out of the standard warranty.

Default Re: USB problems

sorry dont know

Thread Information