Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Vertex 2 in raid.

Question Vertex 2 in raid.

Hey guys, Ive orderd two 50gb ocz vertex 2 drives.. Now im wondering weather to raid these? I hear that trim dosent work in raid but i also heard a roumer that the softwear tool from ocz would have trim support in raid? Is this true?, What would u guys do raid with out trim or just normal? :) ty for the help!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Vertex 2 in raid.

You wont have TRIM in RAID, but you will have GC when the disks are idle so you will be fine as long as you log off the system and let it sit at the logon screen for a hour once a week or so.

What you mention is Tony TRIM, here is more info on how to do that, it's not actual TRIM though just a way to clean things up
    Guide A simple guide for gen1 owners( Apex, solid, core V1/V2) or raid array owners who want to consolidate free space and clean the remaining Nand on the drives. OCZ gen2 drives..Vertex, Agility, Solid2, TURBO owners with FW 1.5 you do not need this.

I would RAID them for sure, GC will keep things going just fine!

Thank you for the reply and help ! :) Ive been looking into this more since yesterday i found this post about intel now doing trim in raid? here But im realy new to the ssd stuff so i have no idear if this is real trim or not :)

Well Intel made a mistake in wording in some release notes, which should be mentioned in that thread, so there is still not TRIM in RAID as of yet.

GC will do you fine, I use 2 SSD's in RAID for a while and never had any slow downs

Thank you, Its all sorted now then raid away :) hehe just waiting for the mail to arive tomorrow now!!

Thread Information