Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Physx

Default Physx

Is there any way I can get a physx capable device without having to get a stupid nvidia card. I have an HD 4870x2 and im not replacing it and my mobo is an ep45-ud3r so I can't sli it. I remember they were going to release physx cards for pci slots or something like that but nvidia took it over. Is there anything like that?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Physx

You can't SLI 4870 with anything anyway, you could only get another 4870 and do crossfire.

You can however install an additional Nvidia card and enable Physx, that is the only way. Since your board only has one PCIE slot, I am not sure if you can do that either.

I am not sure if any of the current PCI Nvidia cards can do Physx, you would have to ask around I only know ATI so I couldn't say for sure.

If you can find one of the original Ageia PhysX cards you might have a chance to run PhysX without an nVidia card. nVidia did indeed buy out the technology to PhysX and if you are looking for a current implementation then you need an nVidia card (minimum 8800 series I think) in order to make it happen. Officially you need either 1 nVidia video card set to render PhysX and regular video or two nVidia cards with one set to do the PhysX and another to handle regular video duties. Unofficially there is a hack that allows one to have an ATI card as the main video card and a nVidia video card for PhysX. I kinda doubt that you can find a pci card capible of running PhysX.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Nvidia 9500GT supports PhysX - PhysX GPUs

As luck would have it, there are PCI 9500GT cards.

Newegg.com - JATON VIDEO-498PCI-DLP GeForce 9500 GT 1GB 128-bit DDR2 PCI Low Profile Ready Video Card
    Newegg.com - SPARKLE SP95GT1024D2LHP GeForce 9500 GT 1GB 128-bit DDR2 PCI HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card
    Newegg.com - SPARKLE SP95GT512D2L-HP GeForce 9500 GT 512MB 128-bit DDR2 PCI HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card

Not sure what sort of performance you would get from these cards, but you'd get PhysX support.

Pretty sure you'll need Windows 7 to support both ATI and Nvidia cards together.

Cool! I wasn't aware that they had that high of spec pci cards available. Brice8989 would still have the problem of dealing with the software issues but at least it is possible to try this way.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Thread Information