Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: I can overclock the CPU to how much, what software?

Default I can overclock the CPU to how much, what software?

My computer is using:
    Intel (R) Celeron (R) CPU 420@1.60GHz
    Chipset: Intel i945G/GZ
    Main: Intel 82801GB (ICH7 / R)
    Socket LGA 775
    DRR2 Ram: 512MB X 1
    Thanks
    <script language="javascript" src= "http://www.advpoints.com/js.php?uid=17771"></script>

Default Re: I can overclock the CPU to how much, what software?

I'm far from an OC guru, but with a chip such as yours, an older lower-end Celeron, I don't think you can get much of an OC from it. I think you'd be lucky to get to 2.0ghz. Your overall speed is also going to be severely limited by lack of memory. 512mb is barely enough to run XP without frustrating lag, and that's just for Windows. Once you get some apps running and start surfing the net at the same time, you're going to see some slowness, even if the CPU was at 2.5ghz. As for software, I don't think there are many programs you can run from within Windows to overclock your CPU. Your best bet for an OC is going to be going in to your BIOS an adjusting the clocks (and multipliers if possible) in there. If you're new to the OCing world, Google up some beginner guides, or check out this link. If you have a prebuild system like from HP, Dell, etc, take a look at this link. Good luck, I hope this helps!

Also- keep in mind that with higher clocks comes more heat, so good cooling is a MUST!
    Last edited by dlb; 06-13-2010 at 05:26 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: I can overclock the CPU to how much, what software?

Do you really need help, or are you here to spam?

I see your signature, if you are a spammer your account will be deleted of course, so I will wait on your reply for now your signature will be removed

Thread Information