Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: PSU or Video Card?

Exclamation PSU or Video Card?

Recently my computer has been shutting down. Not randomly, but specifically when I try to play any games (can only play browser games atm). First it started only when I tried to play graphic intense games, so I'd just play lower ended graphic games. Then a couple days ago my computer started shutting down with those, too. I have cleaned out my computer of dust and still have the issue. I have put my husbands video card in my computer and it worked fine (his video card does NOT require power, where mine does). His worked fine in my computer, but I also determined that that assessment did me no good. My husband doesn't have the power requirement that my video card demands, so he could not test it, and his psu is strapped in to his computer so we cant test it in mine. I have had no random pixels or graphic problems other than the shutdowns. There is no Blue Screen, it just turns off.

Default Re: PSU or Video Card?

Do you have any kind of temperature monitoring software?...Two possible culprits that I can think of are:

1. Temperature...if the card gets too hot when you play high-end games that req'd your card.

2. Power issues...however since you already checked that w/ your husband card.

Then highly your video card more than likely have heat issue. Does it has an aftermarket cooler? and what brand/model is it?

Still under warranty?

I just replaced my PCU, it fixed the problem. No more shutdown on game startups.

Oh great! Good to hear.

Thread Information