Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 5 issues with new ASUS P8P67 and intel i7-2600 home build......

Question 5 issues with new ASUS P8P67 and intel i7-2600 home build......

Specs: Intel Core i7-2600 Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I72600
    Item #: N82E16819115071

ASUS P8P67 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    Item #: N82E16813131681

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7Q-8GBRM
    Item #: N82E16820231329

All from newegg.com if you would like to look up from item #

NVIDIA ge force gtx 260 (Sparkle) microsoft corp. WDDM v1.1 (4478 MB AVAIL)(dedicated 896Mb)

I have an old 500GB 7200 HDD.... gives me a 5.9 on sytem WIN 7 64bit

1st problem is when i turn on all seems normal but there is the Dram LED / MemOK solid red light on the MOBO and there is no picture on monitor. I have to hold power button to reset and then the light goes off and she reboots.

2nd issue is after i do restart (this happens the 1st start up of the day with the F1) i get this message
    American Megatrends
    AMI Bios
    total memorey 4096 mb (DDR3-1333)

USB Devices total: 4 Drives, 0 Keyboard, 1 mouse, 2 hubs

USB Drive 0 Generic STORAGE DEVICE 9602
    1 '' ''
    2 '' ''
    3 '' ''
    Detected ATA/ATAPI Devices
    Sata port 5: TSSTCorp CDDVDW SH-5243N
    Sata Port 6: WDC WD5000 AAKS-00YGA0

overclocking failed! Please enter setup to reconfigure your system.
    Press F1 to run setup (end of message)When i press f1 it takes me to the bios.

3rd issue is when it does boot up i get the no hard disk connected, press space bar to continue.. Then it boots up using the HDD it says it cannot find....( bios says Boot option 1 P6: WDC WD5000AAKS-00yGAO and
    Boot over ride P6: WDC WD5000AAKS-00yGAO) I just want it to boot from my only HDD and stop displaying this message...

4th issue is after all that above when i go to system properties, it only shows the CPU reading 4 GB of ram???( went into AI suite to discover that it was only using ports 1 and 3 of the ram and not reading the other 2)all i have to do is restart and then it will read the 8 and be good. When this first happened i went into the advance settings in the bios to Ai Tweaker and changed the settings on Ai overclock Tuner from auto to the X.M.P mode and changed the memory Freq from DDR3-1600 7-8-7-24-2N-1.6ov to 1333 and that is how i made it read 8 GB and use all 4 slots. Also i set everything to default prior and nothing helped.I am not trying to OC but i think that is what the X.M.P. mode is for and that somehow has made it read all the ram.....just want to have normal usage with some light gaming...

5th issue is before i turned off Hybrid mode, When it would hybrinate i could never get the monitor to come back on..The Cpu would still be running fine? Not big deal, just want to understand...

My thoughts.... I do not understand the red light on the Mobo. She is brand new and the ram is in all the way.The red light on comes on with the first boot up of the day as well as the f1 over clock fail. the no HDD detected is every time but i push space and it boots...
    I also tested each ram and they are good as well as the slots, they all work. I might have plugged something in in the wrong port but i don't think so.. Any advice would be nice..if you think i should send back to new egg for replacement, now would be the time but everything seems good....Thank you again for your support.....
    BTW this intel i-7 is insane when i do get her up and running...

Default Re: 5 issues with new ASUS P8P67 and intel i7-2600 home build......

Just to be clear on the red light...I am not talking about the green light that is on the bottom of the Mobo that indicates the Mobo is receiving power..That works fine...The red light is up next to the top of my ram.if you look up my new mobo you can see what i am asking about...thanks...

Have you updated the BIOS?
    Which BIOS are you running? (will tell you when you enter th BIOS advance settings, the first page).

Lightbulb Re: 5 issues with new ASUS P8P67 and intel i7-2600 home build......

OK I believe i have to the root to most if not all of my problems...RAM...Yep..My fault...The manual does not list this specific RAM, so i am sending it back for the recommended 4x2GB Corsair cmx8gx3m4a1600c9(xmp) 9-9-9-24 @ 1.65v...From my past EXP..I would have next never thought about it being exactly what they recommend because they cant test them all...Anyhow with this new sandy bridge tech..and other things like this DRAM LED lighting RED..i believe it is asking for something the Manual is recommending..Will mail back to new egg in the morning and order new ram tonight..Please let me know if you have any input good or bad...I don't mind learning sometimes...thanks again...

Yea the wrong memory with the Sandybridge chips is the main issue but secondly make sure your BIOS is the latest (check here ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-).

Once you have the latest BIOS, clear your BIOS settings (unplug the power cord, then either reset using the mainboard jumper or remove the battery for 20 seconds).
    Then plug back in and setup BIOS.

A combination of using the correct RAM and the correct BIOS version/settings will solve 99% of issues.

If you want a full breakdown of the process I can PM you.

I am also using the P8P67 Pro and i7-2600k but am using 4GB Kingston HyperX 1600 Memory and an OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD(7.5 Windows Experience index). I have had several issues with this rig that I cannot quite tie to the MB but am inclined to think it's part of the problem.

1. This one I know was an issue with the MB. When I loaded the Marvell Storage drivers on the CD provided with the MB it caused Windows 7 x32 to BSOD continuously. After some research I found out to just roll back the driver to the generic one that Windows 7 loads by default. That resolved the issue.

2. It seems like every time I change hardware (swap vid card/add HDD etc.) I have to push the button for the MB to reset the Bios.

3. The Memory is only running at 1333 by default. When I bump it to 1600 manually or run it's automatic overclocking utility which bumps it to 1648 It will run for a while and then restart and tell me OC failed and I have to reset the defaults.

4. The computer randomly reboots and fails to find the SSD. There is a red fault light on the back of the drive, but after I go into the bios it boots and works fine for a while. I'm curious if this is caused by using the default storage driver instead of the Marvel one provided with the MB. I also don't know if this is a problem with that model of hard drive. I have read other people having similar problems. I have since replaced the drive with another SSD Transend 32G. I am waiting to find out the results.

I have not looked to see what revision of BIOS or firmware on the hard drive. I just wanted to get some information out to see if anyone was having similar issues. Any help or discussion would be appreciated. After all these problems I'm thinking I may just swap the ASUS board out for an Intel branded board which I've had good luck with in the past.

Smile Re: 5 issues with new ASUS P8P67 and intel i7-2600 home build......

hi any fix for ths issue or asus replacing mobo march mid after replacing these problem wont get????????????

i hav 1 nly `1 problem i updated latest bios from asus site wrk fyn sudenly my system restarting while playing game copy etc etc freeze restart etc etc pls find me the solution and wats the exact problem

my spec
    i7-2600k
    asus p8p67
    12gb corsair xms3 1600mhz with thermal cooling
    zebronics 600ws pro series
    intex 600va ups
    thermaltake vh8000bws chasis
    few weeks m geting this problem...

i think 3 thing main problem ups doesnot support my pc or upgrading bios or psu

i tried to dwngrade using ai suite its flashed tpo lower version sucessfuly bu stil showing ur bios version 1204
    i dwngrader to 804

pls help me sridboss2010@gmail.com
    srirocking skype

REPLY:
    I had a similar problem. Similar setup and RED LIGHT. RED light tells you that RAM is honked up. Cause was the first two RAM slots were shorted out. The replacement board had a different problem. This may be a generic problem due to board rework when the B3 revision chipsets replaced the old 67 chipsets that had the SATA3 problems. Rework can screw up a good motherboard.
    Phraed

Quote Originally Posted by groundpoundn2000 View Post
    Specs: Intel Core i7-2600 Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I72600

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7Q-8GBRM

NVIDIA ge force gtx 260 (Sparkle) microsoft corp. WDDM v1.1 (4478 MB AVAIL)(dedicated 896Mb)

1st problem is when i turn on all seems normal but there is the Dram LED / MemOK solid red light on the MOBO and there is no picture on monitor. I have to hold power button to reset and then the light goes off and she reboots.

2nd issue is after i do restart (this happens the 1st start up of the day with the F1) i get this message
    American Megatrends
    AMI Bios

1 '' ''
    2 '' ''
    3 '' ''

3rd issue is when it does boot up i get the no hard disk connected, press space bar to continue.. Then it boots up using the HDD it says it cannot find....( bios says Boot option 1 P6: WDC WD5000AAKS-00yGAO and
    Boot over ride P6: WDC WD5000AAKS-00yGAO) I just want it to boot from my only HDD and stop displaying this message...

4th issue is after all that above when i go to system properties, it only shows the CPU reading 4 GB of ram???( went into AI suite to discover that it was only using ports 1 and 3 of the ram and not reading the other 2)all i have to do is restart and then it will read the 8 and be good. When this first happened i went into the advance settings in the bios to Ai Tweaker and changed the settings on Ai overclock Tuner from auto to the X.M.P mode and changed the memory Freq from DDR3-1600 7-8-7-24-2N-1.6ov to 1333 and that is how i made it read 8 GB and use all 4 slots. Also i set everything to default prior and nothing helped.I am not trying to OC but i think that is what the X.M.P. mode is for and that somehow has made it read all the ram.....just want to have normal usage with some light gaming...

5th issue is before i turned off Hybrid mode, When it would hybrinate i could never get the monitor to come back on..The Cpu would still be running fine? Not big deal, just want to understand...

My thoughts.... I do not understand the red light on the Mobo. She is brand new and the ram is in all the way.The red light on comes on with the first boot up of the day as well as the f1 over clock fail. the no HDD detected is every time but i push space and it boots...
    I also tested each ram and they are good as well as the slots, they all work. I might have plugged something in in the wrong port but i don't think so.. Any advice would be nice..if you think i should send back to new egg for replacement, now would be the time but everything seems good....Thank you again for your support.....

I had the same or very similar problem. Setup and symptoms almost identical to yours. Cause was the first 2 RAM connectors were shorted out causing the red light to come on and stay on. System continually shut down then came back up and just repeated over and over. Very bad and after replacing everything else I localizeed it to the the 2 RAM connectors. MB returned and exchanged. Replacement board had no ethernet connectivity. I think ASUS is having Mobo problems relating to rework of the P67 chipset. Suggest you return Mobo to vendor. I returned the second one as well and will wait to let them iron out their problems before getting another one. Luckily I have another desktop I can use.
    Phraed
    Quote Originally Posted by groundpoundn2000 View Post

American Megatrends
    AMI Bios

1 '' ''
    2 '' ''
    3 '' ''

Thread Information