Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Gigabyte Odin GT third party/linux support for the USB interface

Default Gigabyte Odin GT third party/linux support for the USB interface

I wonder if anyone got any documentation or has done any reverse engineering for using the Gigabyte Odin GT's USB-interface under Linux or for making a third party utility.

I have only found one project that can probe the interface for information, found here [sourceforge.net], sadly you can only show statistics and not change any of the settings. The project also seems to be dead and my attempts to contact the author has failed.

If anyone got anything i would really like to know about it :)

Default Re: Gigabyte Odin GT third party/linux support for the USB interface

I want to join to this question

Default Re: Gigabyte Odin GT third party/linux support for the USB interface

Well I also want to buy this interesting piece and want to interface the power source from linux. But I found one interesting test where they wrote the software shows results which are not equal to reality, take a look at
    Anyway if anyone will find USB communication protocol specification please post it. The only thing is that the interface is as far as I know only for reading information from power supply.

On the other hand CoolerMaster build it hybrid power supply with IO interface which allow you to adjust fan's RPM, this is already something interesting.

Ladislav

Thread Information