Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Flash drive crash?

Rubicon1138 is offline Member

Default Flash drive crash?

I have a 4GB flash drive that won't load up. Win 7 does install it's drivers but then won't show up on computer list. Last time I used it I placed 2 video files, 1GB each into it and when I placed it on the USB connection for my LCD TV, I got an error message stating bad directory or something like that. What can I do to recover video files and other files in this flash drive?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Flash drive crash?

Does it show up in disk management? If not then it might be dead. Have you tried it on other computers and get the same result?

You can recover files with this program, but the drive would need to be accessible.
    Active@ UNDELETE Software to recover deleted files folders & partitions. Windows XP VISTA 2003 2008.

OK after a very long while I got Disk 3 Removable F (online) on the lower pane but nothing on the upper pane of Disk Management. I have not yet tried on other computers.

If it's visible in the bottom of disk management, then you need to right click it and then choose assign drive letter, then it will be visible in the top and your "My Computer"

I changed the letter from F to G and I don't see it on top. Yet I am able to safely remove the drive from the taskbar below.

So since you can remove it in taskbar, is it visible in my computer?

Do you have the latest chipset drivers installed, if not grab them here (Second link)
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Prod...?ProductID=816

It could also just be your USB connection going bad in the monitor, can you use the USB Stick when connected to the back or front of your computer?

I have updated the chipset drivers as suggested. I restarted the computer and placed the flash drive on the back of computer which up until was on the front. Upon restarting the computer froze where the win logo appears and I couldn't type my password. So I disconnected it, placed it on the front and computer started normally. The flash drive appears on the side of the my computer screen but not on the main larger portion of the screen. So clicking the flash drive icon on the side a green bar appears on the address bar on top as if searching for it. As of now I am still awaiting the drive's appearance.

i think u should check MS SEC ESSNT are use any data recovery software. Ur flash drive will be recover after using these tips.

Thread Information