Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Sticking\repeating keys - please help

Alarien26 is offline Junior Member

Default Sticking\repeating keys - please help

Ever since setting up my machine roughly a year ago I've had a recurring problem of keys sticking or repeating when pressed. The issue occurs randomly, but is most noticeable (and most annoying) when typing documents or emails - I have yet to notice it during game play, though lately I have been using the machine less for gaming.

Essentially, at apparent random intervals, a key will become 'stuck' down (not physically stuck, but continue to repeat) like "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee". It can happen with any key, including spacebar, tab, or backspace.

I have tried rotating through three different keyboards (Logitech G110, Corsair Vengeance K70 and Corsair Vengeance K90), and observed the problem with each of them, so I tend to think the issue lies within the machine or Windows 8.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated - this problem is extremely annoying.

Thanks!

Default Re: Sticking\repeating keys - please help

No ideas?

Default Re: Sticking\repeating keys - please help

bump - still no ideas?

Thread Information