Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSU opinion

wsarahan is offline Junior Member

Default PSU opinion

Hi guys

I just bought this PSU for my rig

SeventeamSeventeam

I would like to know if it was a nice choice

My rig is a 4770K @ 4.5 and GTX 780 SLI more 5 Har Drives

And about a single ou multiple rail 12V? I don`t know if this PSU uses a single or multiple, and what`s the diference?

Thanks guys
    My system Specs

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC Force - F7 Bios

I7 4770k @4.5

G Skill F3-2400C10-8GTX X2

EVGA GTX 780 SC Edition SLI - Model Number - 10DE-1004

Corsair Force GT SCSI Disk Device (223 GB)

Cosmos 2 Case

Corsair H110 Cooler

Creative SB Recon3D Audio

Windows 7 X64

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Default Re: PSU opinion

The closest psu reviews I could find are for the Silverstone Zeus 1350-Watt 80 PLUS Silver power supply which is made by Seventeam. Reviews from major psu review sites ranged from a passing grade up to quite good.

If you need a bit more power, check out the Miller XMT 300 PC, which can deliver up to 4,500 watts of pure DC power.

Miller XMT 300 PC Key Features:
    • Monstrous, single rail +12V output (up to 375A)
    • External main power unit sits on the floor
    • Can support multiple PCs at the same time
    • #6AWG copper cables for minimal voltage drop
    • Automatic fan speed control for optimal cooling and minimal noise
    • High efficiency operation (up to 87%)
    • Active Power Factor Correction
    • 1-Phase or 3-Phase line voltage
    • 3-Year warranty

Miller XMT 300 PC Specifications:

Check out Miller Electric 10,000W Power Supply Review | PC Perspective

Enjoy your new power supply.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

And about a single ou multiple rail 12V? I don`t know if this PSU uses a single or multiple, and what`s the diference?
    From the product page that you linked to:
    • Single (or sextuple independent) +12V rail, providing powerful output Voltage

This means that you can use a single rail mode or 6 rail mode.
    Single rail mode is simpler to use but is not as safe as multi-rail mode with a power supply as powerful as yours.

The power supply label might look similar to this:

from JonnyGURU - Silverstone Zeus ZM1350 review

It's hard to read, but each individual 12 volt rail is rated at 30 amps with a maximum total of 105 amps for all 12 volt rails. Using the six individual rail mode, you will probably need to balance the electrical load that each 12 volt rail is providing.

A web search using: how to balance power supply rails will provide information.
    The Zeus 1350 power supply includes the following power label and your power supply might have a similar setup:

How many GTX 780 SC video cards are installed in your system?
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Quote Originally Posted by profJim View Post
    ROTFLMAO at that visual innuendo. Good one.

Quote Originally Posted by profJim View Post
    From the product page that you linked to:
    • Single (or sextuple independent) +12V rail, providing powerful output Voltage

This means that you can use a single rail mode or 6 rail mode.
    Single rail mode is simpler to use but is not as safe as multi-rail mode with a power supply as powerful as yours.

The power supply label might look similar to this:

from JonnyGURU - Silverstone Zeus ZM1350 review

It's hard to read, but each individual 12 volt rail is rated at 30 amps with a maximum total of 105 amps for all 12 volt rails. Using the six individual rail mode, you will probably need to balance the electrical load that each 12 volt rail is providing.

A web search using: how to balance power supply rails will provide information.
    The Zeus 1350 power supply includes the following power label and your power supply might have a similar setup:

Only 2 780

How do i know if i`m using a single rail or a multi rail? Is there a way to see that?

Thanks
    My system Specs

I7 4770k @4.5

Cosmos 2 Case

Corsair H110 Cooler

Windows 7 X64

Quote Originally Posted by wsarahan View Post
    Only 2 780

How do i know if i`m using a single rail or a multi rail? Is there a way to see that?

Thanks
    Take a look here:

PSU opinion-12v30arails-jpg
    My system Specs

I7 4770k @4.5

Cosmos 2 Case

Corsair H110 Cooler

Windows 7 X64

You've asked this question ALL over the 'net now in the past days. I'm surprised not one person in all the threads you've started on all the boards, or you yourself even, considered asking SevenTeam themselves.

sps@seventeam.com.tw <- SevenTeam Contact Email link. Go straight to the manufacturer. Much simpler.

In my eyes and of my own opinion, what of that that's posted on the SevenTeam website for this PSU and what the sticker states so on the side of the PSU you have there in your hands, it is a multi-rail psu. 12V1, 12V2, 12V3, 12V4, 12V5 and 12V6 are clearly labeled as such. SevenTeams purposely misleading nomenclature and devious ambiguities while describing this psu on their website are nothing new in the PR world of manufacturers. Manufacturers of quality PSU's do not resort to shenanigans nor rely on smoke and mirrors to describe their product. Quality manufacturers on their website will show a pic of the Spec sticker or at the least fully detail what the specs are. Not the case here unfortunately.

Pic grabbed from THIS link

And yes. I abhor manufacturers that attempt to hide these details. Whether I'm proven right or wrong concerning whether this is or is not a multi-rail psu doesn't matter to me. That they seem to think we're helpless in determining what they're selling does. Why, if I had bought that solely on the claims of their website stating a single 105a rail I'd have returned it immediately after looking at the Specs sticker. Whether it fit my needs or not.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    You've asked this question ALL over the 'net now in the past days. I'm surprised not one person in all the threads you've started on all the boards, or you yourself even, considered asking SevenTeam themselves.

sps@seventeam.com.tw <- SevenTeam Contact Email link. Go straight to the manufacturer. Much simpler.

In my eyes and of my own opinion, what of that that's posted on the SevenTeam website for this PSU and what the sticker states so on the side of the PSU you have there in your hands, it is a multi-rail psu. 12V1, 12V2, 12V3, 12V4, 12V5 and 12V6 are clearly labeled as such. SevenTeams purposely misleading nomenclature and devious ambiguities while describing this psu on their website are nothing new in the PR world of manufacturers. Manufacturers of quality PSU's do not resort to shenanigans nor rely on smoke and mirrors to describe their product. Quality manufacturers on their website will show a pic of the Spec sticker or at the least fully detail what the specs are. Not the case here unfortunately.

Pic grabbed from THIS link

And yes. I abhor manufacturers that attempt to hide these details. Whether I'm proven right or wrong concerning whether this is or is not a multi-rail psu doesn't matter to me. That they seem to think we're helpless in determining what they're selling does. Why, if I had bought that solely on the claims of their website stating a single 105a rail I'd have returned it immediately after looking at the Specs sticker. Whether it fit my needs or not.
    Agree with you my friend, but here in Brazil we don`t have many options.....

Like you said, yes, i`m posted at many foruns, this is not a problem as i want the most opinions possible, i don`t know why people still complains about posting the same topic in a lot of sites..... anyway, forget it

If you can just answer a last question that i already posted in the others foruns as well...

Considering that my multimeter says that my line is sending me 245V, sometimes 243V and the stick says max output 240V should i care about it? The website says 264.....

Thanks for everything
    My system Specs

I7 4770k @4.5

Cosmos 2 Case

Corsair H110 Cooler

Windows 7 X64

Like you said, yes, i`m posted at many foruns, this is not a problem as i want the most opinions possible, i don`t know why people still complains about posting the same topic in a lot of sites..... anyway, forget it
    Yea my apologies there for that bender. It wasn't in any way directed or meant to be interpreted as at you. I went on a rant against unsavory manuf/specs/ads and for that, again, please accept my humble apology for any misunderstanding in reading that.

If you can just answer a last question that i already posted in the others foruns as well...

Considering that my multimeter says that my line is sending me 245V, sometimes 243V and the stick says max output 240V should i care about it? The website says 264.....
    I honestly don't have experience with 220/240 enough to give you an honest answer. More than likely, no. But don't take that as gospel. Though I do understand why the keep it up there as they do. It keeps the lines, transformers, and what not much cooler thus lowering break down/maintenance costs. You most probably live in a more rural than densely populated area, this is where that kind of thing is common. Here in the US it is too.

I'm sorry, but I'd look to the more Brazil-centric forums I've read your posts for an answer to that one.

parsec is offline Senior Member

SevenTeam calls this PSU "Single (or sextuple independent) +12V rail, providing powerful output Voltage". See bullet item five:

PSU opinion-seventeam-psu-jpg

Then among the green squares at the bottom of the picture, we see "single +12V" (bottom row, third square from the left.)

So as wardog said, which is it? Is it switchable? I suppose the square thing next to power switch is the tri-color LED?

I'm guessing this PSU is a "virtual multi-rail" design, which some multi-rail PSUs are. That is, it's a single 12V rail design, with current/power sensing on each of the 12V rails.

But as with any multi-rail design, user intervention is required (which is why single rail is "better", it's easier to deal with).

Each of the six 12V rails is rated up to 30A. 6 x 30 = 180A, or at 12V, 2,160 Watts, obviously beyond the 1,400 Watt rating of this PSU.

But we also see the max output of "all" the 12V rails, 105A/1260W, or a maximum of 17.5A per 12V rail, if ALL of the six 12V rails were being used. The 210W of power (at 17.5A) per rail is typical for one PCI-E cable, either six or eight pin, or one EPS CPU power cable. At 30A that would be 360W into each of those cables, which seems steep to me.

As long as this PSU can supply the power given in its specs (which need only a little translation), then it should be fine. There is a table at the bottom of the PSU's info page, where it lists Minimum, Nominal, and Maximum output, whose purpose is ambiguous IMO. The only thing that catches my eye is the minimum 12V output being 2A, meaning it probably would not be Haswell CPU platform compatible rated, but that is a minor fix.

I'm not sure where you see the 240V entry, the specs clearly show this: "Full range input voltage: 90-264Vac". That is the normal full range AC input voltage, so you are fine with 245V.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information