Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Suddenly Zero Power To System

Default Suddenly Zero Power To System

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->Sudden problem when I try to power it on Absolutely nothing happens. No power. Well the lights on the MB are lit up and a USB connecter with an LED is also lit up. However powering on does nothing. POST doesn't run so it's definitely not a software issue. System has 3 GPUs, 8 3 & 4TB SATA HD as well as 2x2TB USB 2.0 drives, 5x3TB USB 3.0 HD, 4x4TB USB 3.0 HD.

System Specifics
    Intel 4770K
    ASROCK Z87 OC Formula/ac MB
    Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler
    Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD Running Windows 7 Ultimate
    32GB G.SKILL RipjawsX 4X8GB DDR3-2133 CL9
    EVGA G2 1000W PSU

GPU 1 Gigabyte 7870 OC
    GPU 2 Gigabyte 7870 OC
    GPU 3 HIS Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition
    Connected to 5x27" monitors and a 42" Samsung TV

System was running fine for 6 mths. Suddenly froze and when I attempted to reboot nothing happened

I sent my original PSU back since they had done a recall on the batch of the particular model I had purchased anyway and I thought that was a logical place to start. When I received the new PSU I installed it and when I booted up my system would look like it was powering on but after about 35 seconds would shut down and reboot and it did this about 9 times. I finally just cut the power to the system and when I tried to reboot again I was at my original situation. Nothing happening. I talked to a tech at EVGA because I thought that the PSU had arrived DOA and after I described what had happened the tech agreed even though the LEDs were lit it was likely that the 5 volt rail was working but the 12 volt rail was not. However after getting off the phone with him I decided to try it in one of my other systems and it turned out that the PSU is fine. When I called back to cancel the RMA the tech I spoke with suggested that one of my GPUs may be bad so my question is… from what I have described from your collective experiences would a dead GPU cause the symptoms I have described because I don’t think so. I’m not sure if this could be a MB issue but I thought I would find out if you folks on TT could provide any insight or I guess I will have to troubleshoot each component of my system but I would really prefer to not pull it apart because with so many components in it it is a real pain to do that. The worst being all the cables are behind my MB due to cable management and I’m sure you can guess how many cables there are with all the drives in this system and 3GPUs (I’m sure a lot of you know what a pain it is to completely pull your system apart and start from scratch)

So if any of you have any experience that may be helpful to me I would be extremely grateful for your assistance.
    Last edited by sageadvisor; 04-10-2014 at 03:00 PM.

Default Re: Suddenly Zero Power To System

Deleted. My bad.
    Last edited by - wardog -; 04-10-2014 at 07:27 PM.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Thread Information