Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite P2P Software

Quote Originally Posted by AMD2NR
    Please keep your "why" free of any piracy related contant as that is policy here at TweakTown. Thx!!! :thumb:
    Kazaa Lite K++ is illegal, just FYI.:thumb: It is good, though. (how would I know that? :o )

Kazaa isn't illegal, it's the content that people download thats illegal. Go Kazaa! Australian made. :thumb:

:rolleyes2
    Kazaa Lite K++ and Kazaa are not the same thing.
    In case anyone wonders what happened to kpp:
    http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=339

Isn't Kazaa Lite a version of Kazaa without the spyware?

Sorry to go off topic.

Admins are probably going to yell at me but...

Kazaa Lite (last time I checked) was a legal version of Kazaa you can pay for, that doesn't come with the adware and spyware Kazaa does. Kazaa Lite K++, however, was different. It allowed you to not share files, and have 1000 participation constantly. It had no spyware, and it had many other features that made it a drastic improvement of Kazaa Media Desktop. It was also an illegal, "hacked" (for lack of a better word) version and the sites distributing it were forced to stop (and some were shut down entirely). That said, we aren't supposed to talk about it on TweakTown.:no:

Beefy Guest

Well said. Seems fine to me.

As was said, there's a difference between lite k++ and plain lite. Most sites that used to have k++ were forced to remove it. It still does exist though, and it still does work. But that's not really a matter for here.

Noone has ever paid for Kazaa Lite or K++.... (that didn't get totally ripped off that is...)

If anyone wants it just search the kazaa network for "klitekpp243e.exe" It shares itself during install, so it is probably the most commonly shared file on the network.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Google is actively fighting censorship by linking to the act that forced them to stop linking to certain Kazaa Lite webpages... The web pages in question are fully viewable at the page linked to at the bottom of this search results page.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...8&q=kazaa+lite
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

I like BitTorrent, its probably the most valuable p2p network for 'legal' files, as publishers can distribute shareware/demo's/updates/etc relatively easilly, and have the end-user soak up the bandwidth usage.
    That being said, it has been rumored for awhile now that Valve (Half-Life/Counter-Strike/etc) is working with BT's author to implement it into their software distribution process, to avoid the server crashes they've been plagued with since going live.
    I'd also like to point out that I released CS1.6 update over BT about 4hrs after it was available, and about 3.5hrs after Valve's network completely and utterly died, and had over 40,000 people download my copy before Valve fixed their servers and put up other means of downloading it.
    386 DX40, 4mb 80ns EDO RAM, .5mb Trident VGA, 120mb 2200rpm JTS HDD, SoundBlaster ISA, Zoltrix 2400bps modem, 2x Creative CDROM (tray loading), Panasonic 3.5" FDD/5.25" FDD, Samsung 14" UVGA Monitor
    -----

/Z

I find it hilarious that of all people it was Sharman Networks that registered the complaint against the K++ App. Quite a contradiction!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information