Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: DEV-C++

How to use this software? This compiler...anyone mind telling me? New in C++, just self learning. And don't know how to start. Any tutorials that teaching me to use the compiler, do i need builder or anything else to design one simple program using C++? Any C++ guru around?

C++ is massive. Try buying a book or searching on google or even this site - http://msdn.microsoft.com/

Try this for your first program :wink:

#include <iostream.h>
    int main ()
    {
    cout << "Hello World!";
    return 0;
    }

Flunders
    << Flunders >>

Intel Celeron CPU 2.0MHz O/C'd at 2.94MHz // Coolermaster Aero 4 // Gigabyte GA-8SQ800 SiS 655 chipset // Zalman ZM-NB47J Northbridge Cooler // Leadtek Research WinFast A250 Ti4200 64MB O/C'd at 300/585 /w Zalman ZM80C-HP Silent VGA Heatpipe Cooler and Fan // OCZ 512MB (2x256MB) PC4000 Dual Channel Gold Series DDR // Maxtor DiamondMax Plus9 120GB 2MB Cache // Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Platinum // Pioneer DVD-120 Slot Load // Enlight Endura EN-7250 case // Globalwin Super Silent 22dBA 320W ATX Power Supply // Panasonic (PanaSync E70i) 17" Monitor // Wheel Mouse Optical // Cherry G83-6000 PS2 Keyboard // Creative Webcam NX PRO

Windows XP PRO SP1

Sorry for telling you that I have bought a C++ for Dummies, but I'm still in the blur case, I'd started the Dev-C++ and wrote the program you asked me to try, but nothing happen. I'm really new in C++. just a beginner approached, don't even know how to start programming using the software.
    1)Is there any flash tutorials for C++?(just wondering)
    2)Or; How to start coding using dev-C++?

Anyway, thank you flunder, for kindly answering me the questions.:)

Quote Originally Posted by flunders
    C++ is massive. Try buying a book or searching on google or even this site - http://msdn.microsoft.com/
    Just do that. You won't find many that happen to know of a good guide to use to teach yourself. There are lots of good ones; Google is your friend.

What I have been told by programmers though, is that I should learn C first. C, than C#, then Java. I suppose while learning all of those you get down all the basics from C++. Considering they're all based on C, that's not suprising.

:D google, yes! Is our friend. Thank you, Yawgm0th. For those who are noob just like me, don't even know how to start with a compiler, this is what my friend, google tell me here
    Hope that help... :lol:

Default Re: DEV-C++

A bit late, but the Sams line of book has helped me a bit. I have the 24 hours version and the 21 Day version, and it taught me most of the basics for c++. I would suggest the 21 Day version, very indepth and for the most part simple and clear. My teacher has a reference book version of the book from them, and the site has a lot of other books, almost anything related to computers.

Thread Information