Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: help with network setup on win98

Post help with network setup on win98

name is steve, please help in my class this next week I'm seting up a network for win98 but I never worked with a network before and have no clue how to setit up and if anyone knows how to setup a network right after a duel boot of ms-dos622 and win98 with the network to other computers in the classroom it would be helpful and save me alot of time if I knew what I was doing thank you.
    Steven C. Apsey

Default Re: help with network setup on win98

Well this question should be in the Internet and Networking forum but here goes.

Right click on the desktop Network Neighborhood icon and go into Properties and under Identification tab make sure that all PC's have the same Workgroup name. Then under the Configuration tab click the File and Print Sharing button and tick at least the "I want to be able to give others access to my files". Now you will need to go into My Computer and either right click on a drive or folder and click on sharing then click Shared As. Once this is all done you should be able to see other PC's on the network.

Thread Information