Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: How do I get a song that is in an .avi file?

Default How do I get a song that is in an .avi file?

OK, this is what I am trying to do. I have a show in .avi form that has a song within it that is very rare and I want to burn it and listen to it in my music CD player in my car. How do I take out (or seperate) the audio signal (or the song I want) and transform it into a .mp3 file or even .wav file? What piece of software will do this and is it simple to use? I am a COMPLETE newbie at doing anything like this, as I have never done this before...so please give any instructions to me step by step! Thanks!
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Default Re: How do I get a song that is in an .avi file?

Just run a Google search, you'll get hundreds of hits. Lots of free programs out there that can rip and convert

Not trying to shake you off, just wanted to give you the opportunity to find the software that you feel you want, rather than one I happen to like

You won't have any problems
    AMD XP 2600+
    SOYO Dragon 400
    1 gig 3200 DDR
    Phillips CD/RW
    Pioneer DVD -/+ RW
    2-60 gig HD in RAID, 1 60 gig backup
    XP Pro

Default Re: How do I get a song that is in an .avi file?

It says you have XP in your signature... Just open up Windows Movie Maker and pull the video and audio you don't want out of it. I'm pretty sure WMM will let you encode as MP3s, WAVs, and other formats. If not, there should be tons of free programs you can Google.

Thread Information