Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Anyone know what this is:Error Message: STOP: 0x0000004E

Question Anyone know what this is:Error Message: STOP: 0x0000004E

This is what Microsoft says it is:

Error Message: STOP: 0x0000004E (parameter, parameter, parameter, parameter) PFN_LIST_CORRUPT Explanation: This is a Windows 2000 Executive character-mode STOP message. It indicates the memory management page file number (PFN) list is corrupted.

Im loading a brand new MS o/s onto a new 200gb hard drive. My board is the asus 8av deluxe (brand new) i have 1 stick of PNY 512. Since Christmas i have been tryi8ng to get this system up and running and have had nothing but heartbreak. My question, i guess, is im not using asus recomended memory. Im using a little cheaper brand......its still pc 3200, would this make a big difference?? big enough to not allow me to install MS home??
    Any help would be great.

Default Re: Anyone know what this is:Error Message: STOP: 0x0000004E

Get Memtest86+ and run it as that error is usually associated with bad memory though raising the memory voltage to 2.7-2.75v may cure it.

Default Re: Anyone know what this is:Error Message: STOP: 0x0000004E

You could try another stick of RAM or RMA the current one for a replacement. It's not unheard of, or even that uncommon for RAM to be DOA. The RAM itself should work. You can also check with memtest from my sig. Edit: Whoops, wayout beat me there.

That's assuming RAM is even the problem. What other hardware are you using, particularly any additonal PCI cards? I know you've got an A8V Deluxe, a 200GB hard drive, and a 512MB stick of PNY PC3200 RAM. Also, if you've changed anything in the BIOS, particularly if you've overclocked anything, that could be the issue.

Thread Information