Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Best DVD Copy software

Default Best DVD Copy software

I am looking for your opinion on the best software to backup my DVDs.

I have searched around a ton, and read reviews, but it seems as though many of the reviews are on sites that are trying to sell you the software (and are therefore biased).

I'm looking for one that will compress dual layer DVDs to fit on a single layer, support for episodic DVDs, etc.

Just wanted some real world experiences. Anyone have a favorite?

Default Re: Best DVD Copy software

DVD Decryptor

DVD Shrink

That is all you need
    Direct Connect Trading Community
    www.mookiehub.com

ive always used DVD Decrypter - never tried any others, as it does everything i need.
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Thoric
    ive always used DVD Decrypter - never tried any others, as it does everything i need.
    Thoric, yes, most of the time, DVD Decrypter does what I need it to do also, but seriously, try DVD Shrink. It's a very simple program to use and does a real good job of getting a double layer shrunk down to fit on a single layer DVD.

Have to love Doom9.org, great site
    AMD XP 2600+
    SOYO Dragon 400
    1 gig 3200 DDR
    Phillips CD/RW
    Pioneer DVD -/+ RW
    2-60 gig HD in RAID, 1 60 gig backup
    XP Pro

DVD Shrink & Clone DVD
    64/3500+ | Gigabyte K8NS Ultra 939 | Gainy 6800 GS golden sample using 71.20 and DX 90c| 1Gb Geil PC3200 | WD 120Gb 7200rpm 8mb buffer | XP Pro + SP1 | Pioneer DVD burner dual layer | Antec 480 watt truepower wrapped in a Enermax 710B case | Dell 21" Trinitron.....etc

For my money, it's the AnyDVD and CloneDVD combination. AnyDVD will bypass all copy and regional restrictions without modification to your DVD drive's firmware and CloneDVD does the rest.

http://www.slysoft.com

To me, they rule.

1CLICKDVD COPY is the easiest I have ever used and is full featured. Just download a seperate ripper program (they give you the links) and away you go.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

I've tried most all of 'em from free to $300 with little High qualty success. If you're looking for free, Smart Ripper & DVD Decrypter are quick, simple and do it all. You want Cheap, Daemon Tools/Alcohol 120% will write ISO's that play in virtual drives, games included and archive on CD. You want fairly high quality with good compression, DVD Clone2 period!

But, if you want Better than DVD quality that burn to a single CD, and menus & such aren't a priority, DVD Decrypter and Gordians Knot produce the highest quality XviD/DivX video available...........and once again they're both Free.

Whatever you decide on http://www.doom9.org/ is your headquarters for Tutorials, Codecs and support forums while ya figure out what works best for you! Good luck!!
    Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

DVD Shrink

It doesn't burn them very well for me. I just create ISO's and then have nero burn 'em.

Overall takes like 45 minutes to burn a dvd?

Thread Information