Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Problems with media player

Default Problems with media player

I installed windows 2000 pro, downloaded all the fixes, downloaded the divX codec, however when i try to run ANY type of movie it looks screwy (as if it had too much gamma/bright and also the colors look sort of messed up too). Note this happens with windows media player, vcl and a divx player and they all seem to have the same problem

Update: I used VCL to take snapshots to post here however the snapshots appeared perfectly fine even though the movie looked screwy, now i am even more confused.

Update 2: Installed windows media player 9 and it looks the same, intalled the service pack 4 and i still have the problem, at this rate i am going to start listening suggestions as to how unisntall widnows 2000 without formating the harddrive
    Last edited by computernewbie; 07-05-2005 at 06:50 AM.
    Beware, you who seek first and final principles, for you are trampling the garden of an angry god and he awaits you just beyond the last theorem.

Thread Information