Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: i have a problem with Pro tools

Default i have a problem with Pro tools

i put in a new motherboard and processor because my friends old one couldnt handle protools. So we got a AMD 64 3700+ processor with gigabye mother board well i installed all the programs. but now when i go to open protools in just restarts the computer it wont even open the program can u tell me the problem i might be havfing

Default Re: i have a problem with Pro tools

When you upgraded the processor and motherboard, did you reinstall Windows? If not, then you probably have a whole slew of incompatible motherboard and device drivers in the old install that are causing problems.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

i reinstalled it but i saod keep old files on the computer

Back up important data and format the drive to zero out the MBR and FAT tables (MFT if you're using NTFS) and reinstall Windows fresh. While WinXP (assumingthis is what you're using) is a whole lot better than older products with regards to new hardware, when you change out the motherboard you rfeally need to install fresh so you can set up everything correctly.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

ok ill try it

it still not working i have a external hard drive hooked up to it also with backup files could that be messing it up

hi
    iam new here
    sry I have more question about protools, but now i hope if someone can help me
    1. some time when i open session in protools after loading the waves the protools shutdown , why???????
    2. how i can mix the rythehm like real song (i have YAMAHA 1000 )
    plz replay me
    thanx

Thread Information