Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Little Help with Vista/Burning Software

Default Little Help with Vista/Burning Software

Not sure if this should be in here or the Windows Section.

Okay I just got done ordering all my parts to upgrade my computer and it has Vista Ultimate in the list. All be here in next few days. But 1 of the things i don't have on the list is a DVD Burner, And Mine is a Lite-On couple years old but has Nero Version 6.3 right now.

Well my question is What Burning Software for CD's & DVD's is Vista Ready? And What Versions of them? I'm not finding very much luck with my searches so why i decided to ask here instead. Hearing alot of Horror Stories how Nero don't play nice with Vista. Well if thats the case i need to know what Software will work and not cause me any issues. Also Since i normally only use the Software that comes with my DVD Burner i need to know what Burner to get as well, Since i do plan on changing my DVD Drives out just need to wait couple weeks until some few extra bucks come in to get it.

So basically if any of you could help me on this with what..

Burner Brand
    IDE or SATA
    Software to burn CD's & DVD's

Thank You.

Default Re: Little Help with Vista/Burning Software

I've been using Nero v8 on my 64bit Vista with no issues. As to to burner brand and SATA vs. PATA: I'm using an LG PATA on mine but SATA is a little easier to configure and the cables are easier to route and impede airflow much less.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Default Re: Little Help with Vista/Burning Software

Get your self a SATA burner, full stop.

Thread Information