Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need help to choose an antivirus

Question need help to choose an antivirus

hi
    I'm a new member of this site, I'm just a college student,
    and i need help to choose an antivirus in a good price.
    my friend recommended me this software:bestantivirus2010

someone can tell me if the software and the price are good?
    Last edited by Darthtanion; 12-03-2009 at 11:50 AM.

Default Re: need help to choose an antivirus

AVG by Avast Software has become an industry standard in FREEWARE AV. Downloadable from CNET (Download.com) and they update frequently. Free for personal use and they have a Pro version if you have the need, but I doubt you will ever need anything beyond the freebie.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Another vote for AVG free. It has served me and my family well for several years now.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Been using Microsoft Security Essentials exclusively on all my rigs, but it used to be AVG before that.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I wondered if this was spam or not, so I was waiting to see if the OP had any more posts or not? Guess he has not it seems, maybe he will reply back?

I didn't even think of that, then again I didn't click his link either. Good catch.

So what do you think? Spam like I did? If so let me know, maybe I will delete it and ban him.

Unsure though, since Darthtanion didn't think he was spamming, unless maybe he did not think of it right then?

I am not sure either, that's a tough one could just a be a noob. When I was a moderator at DFI-Street, spammers would usually create multiple topics with similar posts. I would just google the username or the registered email if I wasn't sure. We also used to keep a thread with all the IP adresses,names and registered emails of known spammers and post it openly for future references. But DFI-Street was merged into OverClockersClub's database and I resigned my moderator job after that. I don't think that thread was kept, so that don't help. We also had a forum mod that made it so new users had to have at least 5 posts in order to post links, or they would have to be approved by the staff, might wanna look into that. I guess I would just leave it for now, if it's spam he'll will post another similar thread soon enough.
    Last edited by ReelFiles; 12-02-2009 at 10:39 PM. Reason: spelling

Didn't click the link, but have removed it since there is doubt. My answer (and most others it seems) is still a legitimate response for others who may want to know of a good AV that happens to be free.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Ya, I just wasn't sure, you are right though ReelFiles, if he is a spammer we will catch him soon enough

I did check out the link though in a virtual machine, all seemed ok just possible spam per his sales site maybe, since if you are looking to purchase that software you should do it direct unless a legitimate site has a better deal or sale.

My recommendations on Antivirus programs would be Eset products

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information