Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: secure delete...

Default secure delete...

I have several personal files on my work laptop. O/S is XP Home Edition. I'll be leaving my company soon. I need to permanently delete some files before I turn it in. Anyone have any ideas. Would like some recommendations on Freeware. Otherwise will take suggestions on a retail product. I'm looking for a Freeware file shredder. I know how to delete files and empty a recycle bin. somedody help me!!!

Default Re: secure delete...

secure delete
    Yeah it is very imp to delete all the sensitive data b4 u get rid of ur old system.The simplest way to do this is to format all the drives...but that too may not delete all the data and there are always chances to recover them.I can suggest you 1 tool that will remove all ur data permanently forever and no other tool can also be able to recover it.Advanced System Optimizer...there is this tool named Secure Delete in aso that does the permanent deletion of the data...but be cautious once the data removed can not be recovered anyhow.
    u can download this from cnet

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Thread Information