Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Firewall Alternatives

and it doesn't cause any problems with files/print sharing between the networked comps?
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Not here it certainly hasn't and all PC's can interact with each other plus access both the internet and printers.

great, thx for the info:thumb:

Thanks guys! Great stuff, I think il ltry TPF again, hopefully there is a new version out since the last time I used it.

I checked out a friends copy (on his machine) of Black Ice and Really didnt like it, the interface was horrific and it looked like you needed to be a rocket scientist to use it!

I was really dissapointed in the new version of TPF.. It was just annoying, too many pop ups. So I stuck with Sygate and so far im liking it. Thanks a lot guys!

i find Norton Internet Security 2003 Pro pretty effective...ive always been a big fan with Norton products, never had a virus (well yeah, but norton has stopped it :D), over 4-5 years.

if u decide to use norton net security, make sure u configure which programs can access the net and which cant...u can do this later, but its easier at the start. :thumb:
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

Originally posted by Thoric ive always been a big fan with Norton products, never had a virus (well yeah, but norton has stopped it :D), over 4-5 years.
    Yep same here, It's not freeware but still. I use Norton as firewall and as virus protection on all my systems since a couple of years back.. As long as it's correctly configurated the solution rocks..:hammer:

One thing is for sure, I wouldn't wanna be the hairy ass virus tryin' to infect my comps cause they are beein' ERASED!:flames:

Oh and hackers, good luck cause you'll need it.. :rofl:

not a fan of norton myself, too much of a system hog even with backgound scanning turned off (don't remember what norton callls their version of it)

i find that useing your brain and staying informed is the best AV (match that with a free online scan or AVG for the scanning of individual files and ya can't go wrong)

AVG and ZA and my preferences for protection.

Originally posted by minibubba
    not a fan of norton myself, too much of a system hog even with backgound scanning turned off (don't remember what norton callls their version of it)
    Well It strains my P2 350 slightly but anything from 500 Mhz and up won't even notice it. It wasn't any more noticeable on my P3 650 than on my P4 or Amd XP. Anyway I'll hope you find something in your likenin.. :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information