Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Norton System works versus Win XP Pro

I tweaked Windows XP Pro using the guide on this site. I remember setting some setting that can make Norton System Works not install right but speeds up Windows. Now I need to reinstall Norton SW. I can't find or remember what Windows setting I tinkered with but on the guide I remember it states that it affects Norton SW on install, I just can't find it. Can anyone help?

:confused: It would be next to impossible to determine which guide you used as so many exist these days, but you noted it was one from this site. Here is a link to ALL the guides that this site currently offers:

http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=guide

Once you visit the aforementioned link, navigate down to the section labeled 'Small Form Factor'. There you should find all the Windows tweak guides. Maybe you can find the specific guide you utilized and re-review the info to find the root of your problem. Personally I suspect the problem exists somewhere in your startup files where you can disable certain services, or it could be a process that allows you set it to 'Automatic', 'Enabled' or 'Disabled'.

Sorry I couldn't answer the problem for you, but maybe this will at least help you find the solution.

Good luck!
    LogixRat
    P-)
    Dimension 4550 | Intel 845PE Chipset | P4 2.53ghz, 533 FSB | 256mb PC2700 DDR RAM | WD 60gb 7200rpm (2mb cache) | IBM 60gb 7200rpm (2mb cache) | nVIDIA Geforce4 MX 420 (64mb) | Soundblaster Live! | WinXP Pro SP2

Inspiron 9300 | Pentium M 740 | P4-M 1.73ghz, 533 FSB | 512 MB DDR2 SDRAM 533MHz (2 DIMM) | 60 GB 5400rpm | 64MB ATI Mobility Radeon X300 | Integrated Audio | 17" Wide Screen XGA+ Screen | WinXP Pro SP2

Thread Information