Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's The Best Way To Make Hotmail Secure?

Got a prolem but I didn't know where to post it.So I'm posting it here.
    How do you stop people getting into your Hotmail?Apart from not having an account.
    What measures can I take?
    Any help will be appeciated.
    :devil win

get a secure password; that is about the only thing you can do

there is nothing you can do about people hacking the hotmail servers :steam:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

the safest way...well dont store anything important on there...better use a diff mail acc. for private stuff..juz my two cents

the most usual way of changing password in hotmail (when you have forgotten it) is by filling in ur personal details and then resetting ur password.

someone else might use the same technique against you when he/she wants to get ur password by simply entering ur personal details (usually someone close to you). you can guard against it by entering false entries in most of the details like which country you live in and your birthday. thats wat i use with my mail accounts but remember those false details or else u might be in trouble some day.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

M$ security is a myth. it doestn really exist. :2cents:

Quote Originally Posted by minibubba
    get a secure password; that is about the only thing you can do

there is nothing you can do about people hacking the hotmail servers :steam:
    Yeah, just generally use a long password that doesn't consist of a single regular word or combinations of simple words.

Eg;

antidisestablishmentarianism

May seem like a great password, but it would get brute forced in seconds.

$pw90^exlm..

^ That's a good password :).

Hey now, don't forget the most important thing, to change your password at a regular basis. That goes for all internet activity.. :devil win

The web is never 100% secure but you can do pretty mutch to protect yourself..

I don't suggest using symbols like %^&*....

pick a password that is an acronym for you... like

gdt34cw1

And Hotmail is 'secure' as they get as long as you don't leave cookies all over.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

a mix of upper and lower case is a good idea too, at least when passwords are case-sensitve
    gdt34cw1
    gDT34cW1 ...or whatever, the point is to make it has hard to crack as possible
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

i wouldn't suggest that.... there is little need, and since you can't see what you're typing, its hard to be sure you've typed it right.

IMO there is no need for the added confusion.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information