Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: autostart

Quote Originally Posted by Birdkiller
    Upgrade to WinXP will solve the instability after being on for ages. THIS WILL COST 0+
    ya can get programs to recover unrecovered memory TRUE BUT THEY USE MEMORY THEMSELVES
    get a UPS and lightning and other power surges wont matter. THIS WILL COST 0 - 0
    as for 'green', turn of power saving features. POWER SAVING USES LESS POWER NOT NO POWER
    lifecycle wont matter cause the power saving features will turn em off when idle

and as for a program set to reboot while in hybernate mode, that wouldnt work. while in hybernate mode the program isnt active untill the puter wakes up from hybernate.
    THE IDEA WAS TO USE THE OTHER PROGRAM TO:
    1. HIBERNATE AT A CERTAIN TIME.
    2. UNHIBERNATE AT A LATER TIME
    3. REBOOT & READY TO ROLL
    ADMITTEDLY I'M NOT SURE THAT THE PROGRAM MENTIONED OR ANY OTHER CAN HIBERNATE THEN UNHIBERNATE BUT IT'S A GOOD IDEA!

CHEERS
    Splash

:afro:
    OK so my signature is lame - I can live with it!

Anyone heard of system specs or msconfig?

Ok

Start.... .. Run

Type: MSCONFIG

then hit return or ok

goto the Startup tab.... and delselect all the unessary stuffs like msn messenger icq etc what isn't needed but leave systray on

Another thing is you could give some system specs to average out the approx time... : party ha or you could go around beefys house... and watch some football or cricket :D

(If ya can b @$$ED)

Sammy
    Programmers Love games
    Just like Meh! :D

It will be a banner day indeed when a desktop system + reliable software transforms the PC into the reliable, working tool that we all know it could be:thumb:

Don't hold your breathe though:laugh:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Agree whole-heartedly MR C!

But i also agree with Sammy's point too
    (Man am I easy going or what!)

The Windows OS is more stable than it gets credit for.
    The problem is all the junk loaded in it.
    All the background processes and rubbish programs.
    It's hard to make the OS bullet-proof when u run $hit programs on it.
    And some of MS own programs are the worst - early versions of office for example.

i think the new versions W2K & XP are getting better each time even if they are resource hungry mothers.

cheers
    Splash

:afro:
    OK so my signature is lame - I can live with it!

to turn the system on (not standby) then most computers nowadays have the wake up on alarm option that will enable u to specify a time at which the computer turns on...

software cant tell a computer to start if it isn't running, however in hibernate mode, i am sure that somefin works whilst its hibernating...
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information