Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I clone a cd ?

thomson1968 Guest

I'am trying to find out how I clone a cd, whether it be a music, game or dvd, can it be done ??? I hear it can !
    I'am not breaking any laws, I've already contacted various music and game cd copyright companies and its ok to do this as I have purchased the licence when I bought the original's, as long as I'am doing it for my own use, which I am.

So, anyone know about cloning or the programs that can do it ?
    Please advise, cheers,
    :cheers: :cheers:

I use Nero, and its self-explanatory with it on CD copying

Beefy Guest

Nero's good, but not great for cloning.

Personally, I'd look at something along the lines of CloneCD, or even better would be Alcohol 120%. Alcohol is a slightly more functional program and I've found that, assuming you select the right copy protection when you copy, it can do 1:1 copies of most things accurately. Just Google it and download the trial.

if you are onlu going to be copying CD's, then I would recomend CloneCD...for copying CD's, it's the best I've found. If you plan to do other things with your CD burner, then I'd recomend using Nero, like amd_man2003 suggested

I personally use both...CloneCD for making copies and Nero for eveything else (although Nero is good at copying CD's too)

Edit:looks like Beefy beat me to CloneCD, must have been posting at the same time..maybe I'll give Alochol 120% a try
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

yes, I forgot, CloneCD is good if ya are just burning CD's like they CD, but I like Nero, and it hasnt had a bad CD copy yet, and of course, Its useful for many other things, as CloneCD isnt.

thomson1968 Guest

will these programs pass by the protection on the disk or will i have to work round that another way ?

Ive made my own backup of Office and Windops XP`without a problem with Nero

Quote Originally Posted by amd_man2003
    Ive made my own backup of Office and Windops XP`without a problem with Nero
    application (and OS) CDs are generally easy to copy...some game CD's are what I usually have some trouble with

thomson1968, it depends on the software you use, but most can get around CD protections one way or another

Ive copied FS2002 no problem, along with BF1942, and any others ive tried

I've managed to copy all the ones I have except MOHAA, but I'm planing on putting Alcohol 120% to the test as soon as I download it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information