Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Need Help finding a good Video Capturing Card

I have some video on my camera i want to put on cd's.. I dont have a capturing program to get the video.my computer recgonizes and finds the vidoe cam. so does anybody know of a good program i could get ???
    Thanks Shain...

:snip: lol this just looks like it hurts!!
    sup mac a roni

Beefy Guest

Most cameras come with capturing software. Also, if you've got Windows XP, and are using the Firewire input to transfer, then the built in Windows Movie Maker, while basic, can transfer the footage for you. That's assuming you are using a digital camera and firewire though.

If not, get one of these. They rule.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...ion=14-122-132
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Moving to Applications.

Take a look at Ulead DVD Movie Factory, This one might be what your looking for. Or just browse the site for some of the other software they have that might be more to what your looking for. You have the option to try b4 you buy with them.

I've been doing alot of mucking around with burning photos to Cd's lately and some of these programs are really useful. They have the option of adding music, backgrounds, etc.

If that's not what your after, take a look at these;
    This one is only for Windows XP, http://search.microsoft.com/search/r...r+2&view=en-us

Or maybe this one, Powerproducer 2 This is a trial version.

I used this one, PicturetoTv.

Hope the links help, or give you a bit of an idea of what you maybe looking for.

WS,

Have you tried the XP Movie Maker 2? I'm wondering how well it works for simple video edits.

I used to have ULead on another system but my copy is not compatible with WinXP so I'm looking for another solution as well.

Video editing just doesn't click with me and I need something pretty idiot proof :confused:

G Smith, I'm still using Windows ME, so I can't give you any answers about XP Movie Maker 2.
    The ones I've been using so far seem to have pretty basic instuctions with them, other wise I couldn't be bothered using them.
    (I don't like overloading my grey matter too much). :laugh:
    I clicked pretty quick with the one I'm using atm. Not that I've tried editing videos yet, but I'll give it a go with a video in the next week or two and I'll let you know how I go.

Thread Information