Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ms word problem...

Quote Originally Posted by bongoloid
    damn microsoft charges per call....is it worth it? wil they know it for sure or my money back?
    :rofl: ...no, it's not worth it and you wont get your money back if they don't know how to fix it

when you unintalled Office, did you go back to check that ALL of the files and dir. were removed? Config files and reg. keys are often left behind after an uninstall. If you're up to it, uninstall it again; but this time make sure all of the files and reg. keys are removed. That should fix it, hopefully.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

mini...how do i do that??? can u show me step by step .THANKS

Once you uninstall it, go your "Program Files" folder and look for the folder M$ Office was installed into. I use OpenOffice so I can't tell you what the name of it is, but it should be obvious. It is also possible that there will be some remaining files in the "Common Files" folder as well. If you find any remaining files/folders relating to M$ Office, just delete them. As for the registry files, use something like RegCleaner to get anything left behind. When using RegCleaner, the registry entries are usually well identified; but you can try an automatic cleaning under 'Tools' if you wish.

Hope that helps
    :cheers:

i went to the micrsoft knowledge base and they have something called orkstool but it only removes previous versions of microsoft office...i NEED to completely remove office XP....does anyone know a tool out that will remove office xp?

thanks again...

the closest thing i found from micrsoft is called eraser2k which removes office 2000...do u think this will also work for office xp removal?

i will have to try....im scared to mess with the registry on my own...

then just try deleteing the files that were left behind, more than likely the Reg. Keys wont change anything...at least not your problem. It is just part of completely removing M$ Office

When you do a RIP & reinstall make sure you shut down and reboot after you do each so Windows will update itself as to what you just did.

Good luck,
    Chez

you know what? i just tried the regcleaner and cleaned out office xp components...and after reinstall it still has the problem..

but i found a CRITICAL difference when comparing a good copy of office xp and the problematic one...

when i clicked on 'whats this' question mark from help menu, on the right it displayed the font and language ..and on the good copy i see english and times new roman..whereas in the problematic version i see asian simsim and chinese language...

my question is...how do i get rid of these asian and chinese font and languages from my word?

this may be the cause of the weird angles on my word...

Quote Originally Posted by asklepios
    btw that normal.dot point is quite valid one...but wouldn't a re-install have solved the problem (which he already did)? :?:
    reinstalling office does not remove previous settings it still tries to keep your current normal.dot template when it can.

I think the languague thing in the problem. try going to regional settings in control panel. go in there check the default language/locale/display of time/temps/currency/etc.

also check Input languages maybe your pal installed support for some asian language to get special characters in his document.

yes you are correct!!!

i disabled the asian language and no more ugly angles on my word!

at las!!!!!!!! through the power of persistence and discipline i have found the ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!

i want to thank each and everyone here for taking the time to help me out and have a great labor day weekend!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information