Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Problems with Windows NetMeeting 3.01

My friend and I do video conferencing using Windows NetMeeting 3.01, we both have the same version of the software, I took made sure once I upgraded to 3.01.

We can connect to each other fine but, he can't hear me at all. He can see my video as i'm sitting here typing without a problem he just can't hear me.

I have an a differnt problem, I can hear him I just can't see him. I don't know what webcam he uses, but I use a logitech camera and he can see me fine.

Thanks for the help.
    633mhz, 319.0mb ram, 15.0gb hard.

I have that problem with some but not others but the answer I don't know. :(

Both of you need to check your firewall settings, it seems to affect the prog somehow, turn it off or put it too a lower setting and see if it works that way.
    I've had a lot of trouble with that myself and this seems to be the bottom-line of the problem.

I have sis and let those progs have unquestioned access. :smokin:

if the firewall is the problem, try opening up these ports:
    6895 to 6900

EDIT: post 1234 :)

another thing to note about netmeeting - if u leave dektop sharing on , it will stop a lot of games from running

Just another thought, try paltalk or yahoo, they seem to be more reliable than netmeeting in the cam and mic department

One thing I hate about NetMeeting is that only those in your e-mail contacts and/or your MSN Messenger list can be contacted! I don't use Windows Messenger and I don't bother saving my contact list, so I'm screwed unless I get CU-SeeME, which is also a good video conferencing tool!

Beefy Guest

that's the biggest load of crap i've ever heard.. Netmeeting isn't based on Messenger at all.. You contact people via email addresses, people on the same directory listing or even via IP..

lol@Beefy
    no matter what Webby says....Beefy will abuse him for it, u remind me of Moose :) Keep it up:laugh:
    Madness is the gift that has been given to me!

*Slaps Ollie, Beffy and Mouse with The Creators lifeless carcuss.....then ties up Morgan lander and forces him to listen to ****ty pop music for hours..bwahaha

Thread Information