Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Screengrab problem

I want to take screengrabs from video files that I play in windows media player. I'm using paint shop pro to do this. When I capture an image from a video, and it appears in paint shop pro as a captured image, but it's still moving. If I close media player, and save the file and reopen it, it's black.

How can I get screen captures from media player to work?

This is because PSP is incapable of capturing a single frame from an .mpeg or similar type file. You'll want to look for some type of video editing software for this to work. I have always had good luck with PowerDVD, but there are several available that should be able to handle your tasks. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I use PowerDVD as well and really like it. Its work great for a lot more needs as well.
    I'm not well versed when it comes to M$ stuff though.

Chez

Thanks for the help. I think I have a copy of Power DVD lying around that I got with my dvd drive :)

have you tried to pause the mpeg then do the capture?
    Hope this helps
    Night

they ahve a slew of free utilities, one of which, told to me by my friend and new tweaktown member olefarte', is capture
    http://www.analogx.com .............free software :thumb:
    ps...... i often find media player gets coruppted, especially when i clean my system, i save a downloaded copy onboard and re-install it from time to time to make it work properly

JSR,

I think he is going to use PowerDVD, which he has a copy of. It also has a lot more bells and whistles than the "FREE" software out there.
    Goodd idea though.

Chez:cheers:

i have power dvd as well, and didn't know it had that capability, thx.............just threw him another bone :thumb:

Thread Information