Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: anyone have ad-aware plus?

How do you like it??

2. Default

works for me and thats about as much as you can say lol...I have no complaints.

ad-aware/ ad-aware plus/ ad-aware pro all of these applications use similar scanning/cleaning engines.
    i was lucky enough to be allowed to try all three of them and i can only say that as an end/home user ad-aware is all you need. no need to pay for plus/pro versions. though there are additional bells and whistles in these versions but you will hardly use them, if ever.
    imo use ad-aware along with Google bar (works as a pop-up blocker) and scan regularly with an updated reference file and you should be fine.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

I just don't like wearing out my hard drive every day running the scan. I thought it would be easier to get them caught before they got put on the hard drive. My only gripe is that they don't give you a price break on 3 or 4 PC's and I don't know if the software checks home networks for the program installed on other machines.

yeah ad-aware is good, i also use spybot ;) and they have each found crap the other missed! albeit rarely ;p

:afro:

Thread Information