Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Best Memory recover app

what the best memory recovery application :?:
    the one I have works ok, but you have to scrub the ram to get any of it back, this makes my computer lock up when I try to shutdown

I assume this is caused cause it frees up some RAM that was actually being used by a service or something. Anyway, suggestions?

:cheers:
    <font face="Arial" size="1">Where do you want to go today?</font><br><font face="Arial" size="2">Where ever the beer is please.</font>

Really they all have their own little bugs in one way or another and I just found it much better plus cause much less probs to just give it the occasional restart now and again. :smokin:

I used to be able to leave it on for a week at a time and be ok on RAM though - now after like 2 days I have 100-200M of my RAM in use, but not by anything. I run a server, so the less reboots the better :D
    <font face="Arial" size="1">Where do you want to go today?</font><br><font face="Arial" size="2">Where ever the beer is please.</font>

There are a lot of utilities available, try a search at CNet .
    AnalogX is known for his fine software, you might give his MaxMem program a try.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

I have found a demanding 3D game such as Quake III Arena or Unreal Tournament run memory recovering actions at the end - recovering memory for you :thumb:
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

thx everyone, I think it was the POS mem recovery app I was using that was causing the memory leak

I tossed that one into oblivion and put on that analogX one, lo and behold my memory isn't disappearing anymore : peace2:

i was going to say - the OS appears to be XP and so it has pretty darn good memory management, if it was 98 i'd understand, but XP, i'd leave it be - should be able to run for months on end without a reboot (cept MS are always releasing patches that require reboots :( )
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Thread Information